Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

This must stop

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

This must stop

I am posting this picture because nobody at comcast understands what the problem is. These are the calls I answer but nobody is ever there. They are in my unanswered calls file. This !@#$ has got to stop. What are you going to do comcast, nothing as usual? If anybody else has an idea I'd love to hear it. I know if I do hear from comcast it will be: "We are comcast and we don't care, because we don't have to."

XFINITY Connect- Voice 2012-06-21 16-18-14.jpg

New Poster

Re: This must stop

This is probably computer generated calls from vendors or other databases like bill collectors. It is usually a check to see if the number is correct, if a human answers the line (versus a modem) or if it is a disconnected number. I would guess you also have phone calls from other numbers that sort of coincide with this, that you don't answer. This is a pretty common technique and usually is not telemarketing related.

New Poster

Just use *77. This will block all anonymous calls. I.E private calls. If someone calls you from a private number it will tell the to dial *82 before calling you to show there number. That should stop it. Hope it helps. Let me know the outcome
Contributor

I'm sorry log9333, it didn't work. It says it's not a valid number.

New Poster

Contributor

Actually the telemarketing calls I get I forward to other telemarketers. I'm usually working in the garage so I have to stop what I'm doing to answer a call that a machine is making.(There is no way to see who is calling from the garage.) And comcast won;t do anything about it. I'm on the do not call list, and will not do any business over the phone. Comcast is the only one that can stop it and they won't. Comcast doesn't care because they don't have to.

Contributor

Been there, done that. They say there is nothing they can do, but if other companys like AT&T and Vonage can do it, then comcast can too. They just won't.

Expert

The calls could also be robo political survey and "vote for X" calls. 'Tis the season for those and it will get worse before it gets better.

I don't get these calls on my home phone (at least not yet). My cell phone seems to be the number these jokers have and the amount of calls to my cell is increasing.

Contributor

This has been going on since we got comcast service. Before this we never got these calls.

Problem Solver

VSHixson wrote:

This has been going on since we got comcast service. Before this we never got these calls.

I used to get those calls all the time...while I was with AT&T.  They always claimed that they could do nothing about such calls either.  We still do occasionally get these, but fairly sporadically (I ported my phone number so it is the same with Comcast as it was with AT&T).

I only answer calls that I recognize, and have found that over time, the volume or percentage of B.S. calls have dropped.  I never answer "private" calls.

Contributor

I'm usually working in the garage so I have to stop what I'm doing to answer a call that a machine is making.(There is no way to see who is calling from the garage.) I believe the reason comcast won't stop them is because they are the ones calling. (They do sell your info to telemarketers.) They are standing behind the company slogan: We are comcast and we don't care, because we don't have to.

Problem Solver

VSHixson wrote:

I'm usually working in the garage so I have to stop what I'm doing to answer a call that a machine is making.(There is no way to see who is calling from the garage.) I believe the reason comcast won't stop them is because they are the ones calling. (They do sell your info to telemarketers.) They are standing behind the company slogan: We are comcast and we don't care, because we don't have to.

That is what voice-mail and answering machines are for.  I quit being slave to a telephone years ago.  Seldom are any calls so life and death that they can not be attended to when convenient.  I pay for phone service as a convenience to me not to everybody else.

Unless I am specifically expecting an important call, were I working in the garage, I sure wouldn't come running to answer a phone call!

To me, that is not a Comcast issue, but a decision as to what controls your life...I do not "work" for my home telephone service, rather it works for me.  Junk calls, no matter who the phone service provider is, are a fact of life.

Contributor

If you don't call putting food on the table life and death, then you're doing better than I am. We aren't talking about being a slave to the phone. We are talking about answering customer questions, and making appointments. (Customers making appointments with me, I work in my garage.) All I'm asking is to block one stinking number. I have the anonymous caller block on, but it doesn't block that one. If it was once in a while, I could live with that, but four times in eight hours is ridiculous.

New Poster

Comcast called me 10 times in a row!! They will not stop. They were calling me as I was speaking with thier self rightous rep who has the attitude of "all customers are dumb and wrong and Im always right!" I kept F saying that he cant do anything about it. No one can...its comcast processes!! Comcast: teach your GED lacking reps concepts such as taking OWNERSHIP, listening, high quality CS....etc