Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Telephone

New Poster

Telephone

I recently bundled my land line with my Comcast internet and television service. Do I have to contact the previous land line provider and inform them that I have discontinued service?

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Telephone

ELIZABETRUHL wrote:

I recently bundled my land line with my Comcast internet and television service. Do I have to contact the previous land line provider and inform them that I have discontinued service?

If your Comcast phone service is active at this time and you are still using your old provider's phone number, then you were successfully "ported" and your previous service should have been disconnected when the porting took place.

All Replies
Expert

Re: Telephone

ELIZABETRUHL wrote:

If your Comcast phone service is active at this time and you are still using your old provider's phone number, then you were successfully "ported" and your previous service should have been disconnected when the porting took place.