Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

TV doesn't show incoming phone call

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

TV doesn't show incoming phone call

When I am watching TV and receive an incoming phone call My TV used to show the phone number and person's name that is calling me. This feature no longer works, how can I fix it?

New Poster

Re: TV doesn't show incoming phone call

macheidi wrote:

When I am watching TV and receive an incoming phone call My TV used to show the phone number and person's name that is calling me. This feature no longer works, how can I fix it?

Expert

macheidi wrote:

From the forums, others have been able torectify this by doing one of 2 things:

1. Remove POwer from Gateway, allow to sit for 30 seconds, then put power back in....  allow Gateway to reacquire signal, then you can wait up to 4 hours for the CallerID to function correctly...    ( mind if you have battery backup you will need to remove battery when you do the power cycle and then reinsert when you power Gateway back on )

2.  Remove power and restartt your main DVR.... allow to sit and then repower back up...  allow to reacqwuire signal and then place a test call to see if that restores your boxes CallerID settings....

Thisnk of Comcast Equipment as mini-desktop computers... for no rhyme or reason sometimesa you just need to reboot them!

Good luck!

New Poster

Why     did my phone number stop cominging up on the tv