Community Forum

Re: How Do I Disable Voicemail?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: How Do I Disable Voicemail?

I too want the voicemail turned off.  i can believe i have to call in to comcast to get this done.  why not simply make it an option from the website or the voicemail options? This is just the type of reason why I don't want the service.  If I want to turn off the voicemail on my Uniden at home I press the ON/OFF button.  Boom!  One second and it's done!

 

So something that should be a 1 second task is taking me 5minutes on hold with a representative.  Great job at putting the customer first!

 

All of these suggestions about "setting voicemail to 8 rings" or "listening for chirps when i pickup the phone" are just work arounds for a problem that comcast has unnecessarily created. 

 

Given that they make it so hard to turn off, I can only assume they're making $$$ out of us by giving us something we don't want.

 

 

Administrator

Re: How Do I Disable Voicemail?


@spudulike wrote:

I too want the voicemail turned off.  i can believe i have to call in to comcast to get this done.  why not simply make it an option from the website or the voicemail options? This is just the type of reason why I don't want the service.  If I want to turn off the voicemail on my Uniden at home I press the ON/OFF button.  Boom!  One second and it's done!

 

So something that should be a 1 second task is taking me 5minutes on hold with a representative.  Great job at putting the customer first!

 

All of these suggestions about "setting voicemail to 8 rings" or "listening for chirps when i pickup the phone" are just work arounds for a problem that comcast has unnecessarily created. 

 

Given that they make it so hard to turn off, I can only assume they're making $$$ out of us by giving us something we don't want.

 

 


The reason why this has to be disabled from our end is because we have several added features added to voicemail at no charge. I was able to see that the feature was already removed from your account but for some reason it was not removed from the back-end system. I have gone ahead and removed this for you. In some cases the modem might reset after voice changes on our end and if it did I apologize for this. Let me know if you run into any issues.  -FC 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: How Do I Disable Voicemail?

I see many people have this same problem. I have called the main office many times, even had a service man here last Fri. and he took VM off. That didn't work either. I have called Comcast at least 5 times, with no satisfaction. The last lady I talked to today told me I could take it off by using my computer. WRONG AGAIN. Are we being forced to use their VM even if we don't want it?
Expert

Re: How Do I Disable Voicemail?


@avoca4us2 wrote:
I see many people have this same problem. I have called the main office many times, even had a service man here last Fri. and he took VM off. That didn't work either. I have called Comcast at least 5 times, with no satisfaction. The last lady I talked to today told me I could take it off by using my computer. WRONG AGAIN. Are we being forced to use their VM even if we don't want it?

See the reply from a Comcast OE about this issue.  If you have called and had it disabled only to have it start up again, it is removed on the fron-end, but still needs to be removed from the back-end...    Send ComcastFrancisc a PM with your issue.



The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Administrator

Re: How Do I Disable Voicemail?


@avoca4us2 wrote:
I see many people have this same problem. I have called the main office many times, even had a service man here last Fri. and he tookVM off. That didn't work either. I have called Comcast at least 5 times, with no satisfaction. The last lady I talked to today told me I could take it off by using my computer. WRONG AGAIN. Are we being forced to use theirVM even if we don't want it?

I reviewed this for you and I can see that the Voicemail was fully removed for you. Are you still having issues with this? -FC 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: How Do I Disable Voicemail?

I have the same problem and have called several times.  It is very frustrating as we too have missed important phone calls.  I will try one more time and if that doesn't work, I'll just eliminate the phone service through Comcast.  Its really strange that this is a problem for so many people!

Administrator

Re: How Do I Disable Voicemail?

@sdpropper Were you able to get help with your issue when you called in? If they removed it from the account, it can take 24 hours for it to go through the system and usually if it still continues we have to remove it from the back end. -FC 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert
Moved:

Re: How Do I Disable Voicemail?

Post Moved to Create New Topic and Escalate to Comcast Official Employees.

Visitor

Re: How Do I Disable Voicemail?

@ComcastFrancisc wrote:
The reason why this has to be disabled from our end is because we have several added features added to voicemail at no charge. I was able to see that the feature was already removed from your account but for some reason it was not removed from the back-end system. I have gone ahead and removed this for you. In some cases the modem might reset after voice changes on our end and if it did I apologize for this. Let me know if you run into any issues.  -FC 

I just tracked down this thread, because I allso would like to disable Voicemail.

 

I'm sorry, but this is just a copout. Added features are nice, but if we don't want voicemail, then we obviously don't want the added features, either. A simple disable switch in the preferences should be made available. Even if all it does behind the scenes is to send a message to the appropriate department(s) to disable VM both on the "front end" and the :"back end," then fine. But customers shouldn't have to call in and wait on hold to speak with someone who, apparently, probably won't get the job done, anyway.

Official Employee

Re: How Do I Disable Voicemail?

Hi juneguz, will send you a private message.

 

Closing old thread


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!