Community Forum

Phone keeps dropping out

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Phone keeps dropping out

I was talking to my daughter on two separate occasions on Friday evening and the phone dropped out at least 6-8 times during those conversations.  One of us would be talking and then I would just get a busy signal.  This happens all the time(maybe not as many times during the conversation) and it isn't when we are talking to a particular person.  It doesn't matter if we are talking with someone on a landline or a cellphone. We can go a week or two without it happening at all and sometimes it is whenever we have a long conversation on the phone.   It got to the point on Friday that she said "Why do you even have a house phone????  This is ridiculous!"  I just need to know what needs to be done to get this issue resolved-is it something I can do or do we need a tech to come out?

Thanks in advance for any help!

New Poster

Re: Phone keeps dropping out

I've had the same problem. I've rebooted the modem, etc. The issue seems to come and go with no particular pattern or consistency. What do I need to do? Get Comcast to replace their modem?