Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

PORTING VONTAGE PHONE # TO COMCAST

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

PORTING VONTAGE PHONE # TO COMCAST

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW OF IF THIS CAN BE DONE--IT HAS BEEN 7 WEEKS SINCE COMCAST REP TOLD ME IT WOULD BE DONE WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR TRIPLE PLAY--SINCE THEN I HAVE TALKED TO MANY COMCAST REPS AROUND THE WORLD AND HAVE GOT THE RUN ARROUND--

Expert

Re: PORTING VONTAGE PHONE # TO COMCAST

cs34,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: PORTING VONTAGE PHONE # TO COMCAST

We are able to port from them, but the number needs to be part of the same rate center in order to do this.We are unable port in a number that is assigned to another city since this affects E911 and how the number is assigned to our telephone pool's. It seems that this is what happened here and unfortunately we would be unable to port it in. -FC