Community Forum

Out of Area Private Caller

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Out of Area Private Caller

At all hours of the day (3am even) I randomly receive a call from "out of area private caller" and when I answer it is always a beep noise similar to fax.  I tried to block but there his no number found.  I need to stop this, it is waking us up at all hours of the night.

Official Employee

Re: Out of Area Private Caller

Hi Merdith2, have you tried using anonymous call rejection to see if that will block the unwanted caller?

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/rejecting-anonymous-calls/

Thank you

New Poster

Thanks for the link to Anonymous Call Rejection Feature with XFINITY Voice.  I've activated it.  Will see how it goes.

QUESTION:  Will this block a call from Europe when "Out of Area" displays without a number?

This evening I've had two calls where the Caller ID displays:

Out of Area
Private caller

There is NO phone number and NoMoRobo does not work!

Calls began Oct 17. Tonight I picked up on the second call & said nothing until a man spoke. I asked who was calling. He said a public opinion research. I replied "take this number off your list and do not call again!". Call disconnected. Let's see what happens.

New Poster

I have exactly the same problem and a similar question.

Would the "Anonymous Call Rejection Feature" solve it (all of these "out of area private caller" calls), while still permitting international calls to come through? I believe that I have seen calls from New Zealand come in with a similar notation sometimes, and I do not wnat international calls blocked.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks.