Community Forum

Need more than the limit of 12 blocked numbers

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Need more than the limit of 12 blocked numbers

We are very satisfied with our comcast digital voice service except for the allowed amount of blocked numbers. Between telemarketers, debt  collectors for people who don't live here and then the people we just want to block, 12 isn't enough! Any way to be able to get more allowed or any plans for that in the future?

New Poster

Re: Need more than the limit of 12 blocked numbers

I 2nd this suggestion

Regular Visitor

I agree that we need more than 12 blocked numbers, but here is what I do to effectively get 24 numbers blocked.  I use the forwarding function (also limited to 12 numbers) to send calls to a "junk" phone number.  (For me, it is my Google Voice number that is set up not to ring my phone.)

Another suggestion is to forward spam callers to another spam caller.  So, forwarding 12 numbers plus the original 12 blocked numbers gets you 24 numbers that are effectively screened from bothering you.  If the number you forward to is a "live" telemarketing spammer, then you also get the satisfaction of knowing that you are probably annoying him/her!

Expert

Nope, 12 is all ya' get. You can do this tho:

Change your number with Comcast and get it unlisted. Get a Google Voice number and give everyone that number as your new number. You can then use Google to whitelist/blacklist and block callers. The Google number will forward to your Comcast phone. Google also has a "call announce" feature which will make unknown callers give their name before it forwards calls to you.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Silver Problem Solver

are  you registered with donotcall.gov, its illegal if you are to call you.  You also need to take the call and ask to not be put on the do not call list.  Your trying to find a work around for your problem by constantly blocking numbers.  These callers can you call you from 100's of numbers from the same location.  Your trying to put your finder in the dam instead of trying to get rid of the water behind it.  

If they continue to call its illegal and you can report them and get them fined lots of money. 

Expert

rog286713 wrote:

are  you registered with donotcall.gov, its illegal if you are to call you.  You also need to take the call and ask to not be put on the do not call list.  Your trying to find a work around for your problem by constantly blocking numbers.  These callers can you call you from 100's of numbers from the same location.  Your trying to put your finder in the dam instead of trying to get rid of the water behind it.  

If they continue to call its illegal and you can report them and get them fined lots of money. 

The Do Not Call list does not apply to debt collectors.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Gold Problem Solver

DO NOT CALL LINK

If scroll down to # 28,29,30 etc. the information is pretty clear who is allowed and who is not. Smiley Wink

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Silver Problem Solver

If you owe a debt that is a different story you never mentioned that.  Debt collectors have every right to call you to collect on an outstanding debt, but the rules governing that are very specific as to what and how they can do it.  See this link for those rules and if they break them you can report them also.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre18.shtm

Diamond Problem Solver

Withdrawn.

New Poster

I have my 12 blocked numbers & the 800 #'s are still calling through!!! How is that possible when they are supposed to be blocked?????

Contributor

The 12 number limit is a joke.

Comcast won't allow you forward "no answer" calls, it is forward everything or use the 12 spots.

Thank you Comcast, for taking me all the way back to 1997, and charging me for it.

Contributor

ooooo!!! I like this. you, sir, are evil in good way.Smiley Wink

In response to Anon1358864's reply:

"I agree that we need more than 12 blocked numbers, but here is what I do to effectively get 24 numbers blocked. I use the forwarding function (also limited to 12 numbers) to send calls to a "junk" phone number. (For me, it is my Google Voice number that is set up not to ring my phone.)

Another suggestion is to forward spam callers to another spam caller. So, forwarding 12 numbers plus the original 12 blocked numbers gets you 24 numbers that are effectively screened from bothering you. If the number you forward to is a "live" telemarketing spammer, then you also get the satisfaction of knowing that you are probably annoying him/her!"

New Poster

The 12 numbers is no longer enough. Telemarketers have blocks of numbers now. Even with additional blocking on our Panasonic phone (up to 30 more) it is not enough. So far, only truly effective blocker is to add the Digitone Call Blocker 10 to your landline. It DOES work and makes it easy to block calls and even prevent them from ringing through. It costs $99, but is worth it if you are being bombarded. Available from www.digitone.com.

Note:  Comcast will just reply to this blocking complaint with bogus answers so don't waste your time. They are not going to block customers who are actually doing the calling.