Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

NOT ABLE TO GET ANY CALLS FROM VONAGE CUSTOMERS

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

NOT ABLE TO GET ANY CALLS FROM VONAGE CUSTOMERS

I have recently ported my number from Vonage to Comcast.

From the day one facing the problems in getting the phone calls from vonage customers. Reported the problem with comcat customer service on August 30th 2007. Till now there is no resolution.

Problem:

Vonage customers when calling my number is hearing the message "This number is not in service".

Is anyone of you has encountered this problem ?

Till now, there is no resolution from comcast customer service. Every day they used to tell me that they are working on this.

Any suggestions ?

regards
Ram
Expert

Re: NOT ABLE TO GET ANY CALLS FROM VONAGE CUSTOMERS

I've moved this thread from New Users, since it has nothing to do with the HSI service.
Regular Contributor

This is a Vonage problem. They still have your number in their system and since you are no longer connected you get that message

Until Vonage removes it, no calls from Vonage for you. You a Tiger now!
- Bill
Regular Contributor

Hello BLOCKED,

I checked your account and can see that a repair ticket has been created to fix the problem. On the day of your installation, your telephone number should have been released by Vonage to Comcast for provisioning, but unlike other services, Vonage also requires you to contact them to stop the billing and to complete the disconnect on your account. In your case, your telephone number also likely needs to be removed from their switch. This is the most likely cause of your problem with receiving incoming calls from other Vonage subscribers.

I am sorry for your inconvenience, but the quickest way to solve the problem would probably be for you to contact Vonage directly, and tell them about the problem.

Thank you for posting!

Jim

Frequent Visitor

Re: NOT ABLE TO GET ANY CALLS FROM VONAGE CUSTOMER

I am a long time Vonage subscriber and love their service.  I have experienced the 'out of service' error when attempting to call certain people.  Each of them have CDV whose numbers were NOT ported from Vonage. If I call them from another service (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) the call goes through just fine.  My suspicion is there is something going on in the interfacing between the Vonage and CDV systems.  Seems to me a conspiracy theory here could be that Comcast is trying to force Vonage users to switch to their service, but I doubt that.

In addition, I have noticed that if you do the online order of CDV and wish to port an existing number, Vonage is not a listed provider.  Hmmm.....I am needing to switch from Vonage (unfortunately) for my new work from home contract position - client says their systems are not compatible with VoIP but is with CDV.  With all the horror stories I have read on porting as well as Vonage #'s unable to call CDV, makes me really gunshy to try to upgrade to triple play and port my #.  May be calling AT&T to see what they offer instead.