Community Forum

My HotSpot is no longer on my iphone.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

My HotSpot is no longer on my iphone.

I was nearing the end of my 3rd gb so I upgraded to unlimited. I immediately noticed that my HotSpot was no longer on my iPhone 5SE. I was traveling at the time and was using my HotSpot because it is more secure than the hotel wifi. Is there a problem going on that would cause this??

Thanks

Problem Solver

Re: My HotSpot is no longer on my iphone.

Yes, see the other thread "Personal hotspot/tethering on iPhone". The conclusion is that the problem is specific to iPhones on the unlimited plan. It's not supposed to be that way, but no one has received any useful information from Xfinity yet.
Official Employee

sisty2, it is a known issue. Since you had it before, I'll check to see if the feature is on your account and if I can add it back. Please private message me your account number, address and full name for help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hello,

I have daily checked my phone to see if the hotspot had returned. To my surprise, it is back on my phone as of yesterday. I had contacted Xfinity Mobile when it first disappeared and was told that it was a problem that only affected the iPhone and that they were working on it. I am gratful that it has been fixed. The agent had added my number to the list of phones that were having that problem and when the problem was solved my phone was fixed. I would suggest that if there are others that have lost their hotspot to contact Xfinity Mobile and report it. it appears that they can fix it at their end.