Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

My Caller ID shows as Restricted also no caller ID on the TV when calls come in.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

My Caller ID shows as Restricted also no caller ID on the TV when calls come in.

Good morning. When I call someone, my caller id always shows restricted. Not my name, nor number. Also I can't screen calls, nothing shows up on the TV saying who is calling.

I have only had comcast voice for a week now, and the phone service is useless if it shows "RESTRICTED" every time I call anyone. They won't pick up without knowing who is calling.

Frequent Visitor

Re: My Caller ID shows as Restricted also no caller ID on the TV when calls come in.

I'm so frustrated with Comcast and their Xfinity programs.  Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.  Very frustrating.  I used to have Universal Caller ID and now I don't.  Was on the phone this morning talking to someone from India regarding my bill and was going to ask them about caller ID but the bimbo I was talking to kept putting me on hold because she didn't know how to answer my questions.  I hung up out of frustration.  That's another thing about Comcast.  I hate the fact they outsource their customer support!!!  GRRRRRR and of course you can't speak to a supervisor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Visitor

Re: My Caller ID shows as Restricted also no caller ID on the TV when calls come in.

Your database entry has been resychronised. Could you check your functionality again, please?

Expert

XPLAT, are you a Comcast employee? Sounds as if you are because only an employee would know that a customers database entry has been resychronised.

Just in case you are

While we do appreciate and welcome all attempts to help a poster you may not be aware of the fact that Comcast employees must be authorized by the forum administrators in order to post in an official capacity in the forum. Authorized employees have the their names in red and are designated as such.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.

Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees or imply that they are employed by Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

THX u XPLAT! Just got home & tested it & IT WORKS!!! THX u!!! Also had a message from Comcast to leave feedback on my customer support call to India or where ever it was. Left negative feedback! The support was TERRIBLE!!!
Frequent Visitor

Hello, hope u aren't too hard on XPLAT...I'm thankful they were able to help me! Glad I came to this forum :-))
New Poster

hmmmmmm, I am glad someone may have gotten help from my post. I am not sure that was my intention, lol, as i sit here with a phone system that no one will pick up seeing on their caller ID screen... "Restricted". I will be calling comcast, and give them the opportunity to make it right, if not, they can have all their equipment back, cable and phone... I will keep the internet. Smiley Wink

I believe in being fair and giving them that opportunity, but will not pay to have service come out when it is fault on there end.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Rocky22, I'm sorry,I hope XPLAT will help u with your problem! Call during the day time & u will most likely get support from someone in the USA. Call after hours & u will get outsourced support who aren't as knowledgable.

GOOD LUCK!
New Poster

Thank you cheeky. Hopefully your issue was taken care of. With me working during the day, I reckon I will have to take the accent and hopefully not the lack of knowledge.Smiley Sad

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the clarification. I shall take the appropriate steps.

New Poster

I have the same problem with the end caller seeing my caller ID as "Restricted User" and many people do not pick up.  We use the line for both personal and business calls and it has become a problem.  I didn't realize it was enabled that way until my son told me.  I am unable to find anyway in the "preferences" section to change this.  How can I get my phone number to display a normal Caller ID to the receiver?