Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Message Indicator light won't turn off after retrieving messages

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Message Indicator light won't turn off after retrieving messages

Ever since switching to Comcast, it takes DAYS for the message indicator light to turn off after retrieving messages (with Quest it went off right away - so it isn't the phone).  How do I correct this?  It quite annoying.   Thank You 

Regular Visitor

Re: Message Indicator light won't turn off after retrieving messages

Phone keeps flashing New Voice Mail and Press VM.  When I press VM, what happens next?

Frequent Visitor

I ended up calling Comcast, and the rep reset something, then I had to unplug the phone for 15 mins.  Light went off - but I haven't received any new messages yet, so I don't know if it is a permanent fix.  Rep assured me that it would be.  

Frequent Visitor

When you hear the "stutter" dial tone, dial *99 and follow the prompts.  

New Poster

I just called 611 went through promts to digital voice vtech support.

she did vmx refresh and it worked :-)

Frequent Visitor

The fix turned out to me permanent. 

Problem Solver

All,

Sorry about the issues with the message light not going off on your phone...

Try these steps.

1. Dial *99 from your comcast home phone line and make sure all messages are cleared out and not marked as unread

2. Unplug your phone from the wall for a few minutes if you have a cordless phone please unplug the batteries for 2-3minutes.

If those options doesn't work please let me know.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Contributor

Same issue. I made sure the VM is empty and unplugged everything for a bit, no dice.

I call and specifically push buttons for voice technical support and I get an "account rep". I explain there is a stutter on the line indicating there is a VM, also the light on our phone that blinks when there is a new VM is flashing, but there is not a VM there.

"Well sir I can help you with the stutter on your line but the light on your phone I would not because that is not our phone."

LOL WUT

I tell her that is just an indication there is a VM. She acts confused on puts me on hold, come back minutes  later and says it has been reset. This is the only phone I have access to, just hung up and ... looks like there was no change.

Contributor

So after 2nd power off, nothing has changed.

I wonder if At&t has DSL here now, I know my friend 3/4 up the road has it. Well aparently not :/

This just really chaps my backside, she acted like I shouldn't have called her from my Comcast phone. Like they aren't allowed to call you back? Get real. I've worked in call centers before, for cellphones. I know what it is like for a customer to call and be like "I can't get on the internet on my Evo"... but you expect me to have a phone other than my home phone, don't be a jerk lol.

Problem Solver

nla318 --
I have refreshed your voicemail waiting indicator on our side. If this doesn't resolve your issue I have created a ticket and escalated your issue for a callback to follow up and resolve your issue. 

Someone will be in contact with you soon. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Contributor

I'm sorry I didn't get back with you, I had a voicemail too with someone wanting me to call back as well but have been busy.

The issue magically cleared itself up about 2 weeks ago and it hasn't come back.

New Poster

light on my phone will not stop blinking after I deleat my voice mail

Frequent Visitor

Same problem but it is sporadic ... works well sometimes .... sometimes not. You can clear it by calling your number from another phone (cell ?) and leaving a brief message. After retrieving the new message and deleting it, the message light will usually .... but not always .... go off. I assume this is a VOIP issue.