Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

I need my landline #s transferred from ATT

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

I need my landline #s transferred from ATT

I have been waiting for several days for my landline numbers to be transferred from AT&T.
I called AT&T - and they said they had to "release the numbers" - and this should be done by now.
I am very frustrated - as people are claling me - but those calls are not being routed to comcast equipment, but rather my old AT&T equipment.

There is a ticket for me CR390019445.  What is the status?  I tried calling the 800 number, pressed the numbers for voice service - but then the call got dropped by Comcast.  so, I thought I'd try this forum.

New Poster

Re: I need my landline #s transferred from ATT

8/23 @3:21PM central.  Just Waited on hold another 20 to 30 minutes with the recording saying "Hold the line..."

Then, a "beep beep" and a voice said please wait, then nothing for 20 seconds, then "please wait" a final time.  Then "your call cannot be completed.  Please dial the toll free number again."

Frustrating!  Landline service is too important for this to be taking multi-days.

Regular Visitor

My Number was supose to be ported in by the 12th of august its yet to be done. I still dont get phone calls.

Wonder how long its gonn take.

New Poster

Wow.  I can't wait weeks.  I have called AT&T and they assured me that there were no locks on the line.
My strategy is to call every 4 hours - repeat the same converssation over and over - and we''ll see where we get after another 3 or 4 days.  Then, I suppose it becomes a legal issue, sadly.  By law, these phone numbers should be mine.....

Expert
Moved: