Community Forum

How do i transfer info from my Verizon phone to my ne Xfinity phone? Its alreadt been activated!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

How do i transfer info from my Verizon phone to my ne Xfinity phone? Its alreadt been activated!!

My phone is activated but all my info from my old phone, pictures, phone numbers,etc did not transfer how do I do that?  I already have lost all this stuff when I upgraded phones with Verizon.  PLEASE HELP!!  All these pictures are irreplaceable, they are of my recently deceased dog Emma!!

Valued Contributor

Re: How do i transfer info from my Verizon phone to my ne Xfinity phone? Its alreadt been activated!

When you move a SIM to a new phone or when you change to a new mobile carrier and use a new phone, your things (contacts, text messages, files, photos...) don't move automatically to the new phone, you'll need to transfer most of these by yourself unless you have enabled auto backup/restore of the phone to a cloud drive. I'm an Android user, I set my phones to back up the stuff automatically to my Google drives. These things will be restored from the Google drives when I set up new phones using the same Google accounts. You can also use the backup tools from the phone manufacturers to move the stuff from old phone to new phone. Samsung, Apple, LG, Huawei... all have their own backup software, you need to visit their websites to download the software.

I believe your old photos and contacts were not lost, they're just still on the internal or external SD cards of the phones, depending on where they're saved, unless you did the factory reset of the phones and erased the SD cards. Try the backup/restore software from the phone makers to move them to the new phones.