Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

First Time Accessing Voicemail

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

First Time Accessing Voicemail

How do I know my passcode when accessing my voice mailbox through the phone (for the first time)?  I just started with Comcast.

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: First Time Accessing Voicemail

Final resolution: despite no information indicating this, the voice mailbox MUST BE SET UP USING A TELEPHONE.  Even though it SEEMS like everything is set-up on-line, it is not.  You must call your own phone number and access the IVR menu to completely setup the mailbox.  Once that is done, you can change these features on-line

All Replies
Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

Here is a link that might help you out with voicemail.

http://sitesearch.comcast.com/?q=voice+mail+access&cat=ccentral

New Poster

There is no"personal greeting" (just dead air) after I dial 99 and when I hit the # sign I go to an operator-recorded disconnected number message.  So I do not even get a chance to put in my passcode - which I do not know anyhow!

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

Sounds like it is not setup correctly or needs some code to your account. Try calling comcast and ask them.

New Poster

I have found a passcode reset under Comcast - Voice - Users& Preferences  but it will not let me reset -- it keeps on saying I cannot use my phone number as a PIN.

New Poster

Final resolution: despite no information indicating this, the voice mailbox MUST BE SET UP USING A TELEPHONE.  Even though it SEEMS like everything is set-up on-line, it is not.  You must call your own phone number and access the IVR menu to completely setup the mailbox.  Once that is done, you can change these features on-line