Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Faxing

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Valued Contributor

Faxing

Hi all

I was going over the FAQs and found this

"

5) If you have voicemail on the same line you have a choice:

have the fax set to answer under four rings

have the fax auto answer

get a 2nd line

remove voicemail."

If the first option is selected(have the fax set to answer under four rings), what about voicemail? Would voicemail even pick up at all under this?

Expert

Re: Faxing

No. Except for getting a second line, all the solutions effectively disable voicemail.

I don't think there's any other feasible solution. Whichever picks up first, voicemail or fax, gets all the calls that you don't answer yourself. There's no way for voicemail to pick up, notice that it's a fax call, and then send it to the fax machine, or vice versa.

Valued Contributor

What about a fax switch place in the line before it reaches either the fax or the phone?  Would that work?
Contributor

Researching and bringing up an old thread...

What are our options for a for a fax line? Wife would like an unattended incoming fax line. How/can it be done with voicemail, are there any new options? Is there a distinctive ring like option w/ CDV?

TIA

Expert

Comcast still doesn't offer distinctive ringing.  The only option is get a 2nd line without the fancy features, which in many markets is around $12 a month plus all the usual taxes.  Then you would plug in or wire up your inside wiring to have the fax jack wired to the L2 jack on the eMTA.

Contributor

Thank you. I will go the second line route.