Community Forum

Exactly what is "Level 2" Comcast's Area 51?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Exactly what is "Level 2" Comcast's Area 51?

Exactly what is "Level 2" and why are they insulated from contact with the outside world? 

Could the isolation be the reason a Thursday Morning ticket was not worked on until Monday morning and still is unresolved at 8:40 pm Monday?  No notes left by them so no one can tell when or if it will ever be fixed.

I wonder where this is covered in the "Comcast Customer Guarantee?"

Please give my Call Forwarding Feature back to me.  It shouldn't be 6 days complicated!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Exactly what is "Level 2" Comcast's

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified of your post.

Watch this thread and your email for updates from the team most likely later in the business week.

Frequent Visitor

Wonderful!

Maybe they will explain why a ticket written last Thursday morning was ignored until Monday and is still not done as of 00:05 on 8/23.  Do you think they will be able to explain why all my security questions have been changed?  How about telling me where the long list of blocked telephone numbers we've accumulated over many years of Comcast service has gone.

Do you think someone will explain why I was told numerous times by 'supervisors' that "...they're working on the ticket as we speak..." last Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Where is Ma Bell when you really need her?

Problem Solver

Level or Tier 2 is the next support level we have at comcast. I will review the ticket to see what the issue is.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your concern.  I'm certain more review will help resolve the issue.

I received a voicemail from a female who said she was from Comcast "Phone Repair" at 1:08PM Tuesday and I left a return message at 1:40PM, apparently too late to be answered before her shift ended at 2:30PM.  My request to have someone else call me back Tuesday was ignored.

Tuesday was an interesting day.  Call forwarding worked for a while and I missed one call because I couldn't hear the cell phone ringing.  A bit later I got the above mentioned voicemail on the house phone and can't figure out why that call didn't get forwarded.  At 3:30PM I got a call that had been forwarded from the house phone to the cell phone.  As far as I can tell, no calls were missed.

One 1st level Supervisor told me he was authorizing a $30.00 service credit to my account to compensate for the trouble.  Apparently someone thought $30. was too much and a $20. credit appeared on my account today.

This situation is proving that truth IS stranger than fiction.  The Keystone Cops live!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Exactly what is "Level 2" Comcast's Area 51?

At 9:45 AM Wednesday August 24 Phone Repair decided this was an internal Comcast problem and it would be turned over to the 'engineers.'

I would like to know how many man-hours have been invested thus far in 6 days of fruitless attempts to resolve an issue that clearly was a Comcast problem all along.  When numerous Level 1 CSRs failed to resolve the problem using the combined skills of so many of them it should have become obvious.

I would also like to know how the length of the record of comments on this issue compares to the longest in recent Comcast history.

As a former Bank of America IT Project Manager and systems tester this has to rank among the top boondoggles in customer service.  Is the Dogbert Consulting Service on contract with Comcast?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Exactly what is "Level 2," Comcast's Area 51?

As of 7:15 PM August 24, the engineers are 0-1

Frequent Visitor

Re: Exactly what is "Level 2," Comcast's Area 51?

Finally, a solution on the 8th day following the submission of a repair ticket.  The story:

Last week Comcast migrated some Digital Voice accounts to a new  system but did not notify customers involved in the migration.

Some numbers, mine included, stayed in the old system and caused problems similar to mine and, I imagine others as well.  My number was deleted from the old system multiple times before the deletion took effect.  My account was rebuilt several times in the new system before it started working.

Here is where not notifying customers of the migration complicates the problems.  The procedures to activate and/or deactivate some features are remarkably different in the new system we were migrated to but Comcast failed to tell us.

In the old system call forwarding was set/released as follows:

Lift phone, get dial tone, dial *72 then the 7 digit # you wanted your calls forwarded to.  Hear a message "Your call forwarding is on.  Your call forwarding number is 123-3456. 

To release: Lift phone, get dial tone, dial *73  Hear a message "Your call forwarding is now off."

In the new system call forwarding is set/released as follows:

Access Call Forwarding Option 1
1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
2. Press  * 7 2  and wait to hear the dial tone again.
3. Dial the number where you’d like to have your calls forwarded. Remember to dial  1  and/or the area
code before the number if it’s necessary to place the call.
4. A courtesy call will be placed to the number.
5. If the party answers, the feature is activated. If the number is busy or no one answers, repeat steps 1-3 within 2 minutes, and you will hear a confirmation tone that the feature has been activated.
6. If you want to change the “forward to” number, cancel the feature, then repeat steps 1-5.

Access Call Forwarding Option 2
2. Press * 7 2  and immediately dial the number where you’d like to have your calls forwarded.
Remember to dial  1  and/or the area code before the number if it’s necessary to place the call.
3. Listen for the confirmation that the feature has been activated.
4. If you want to change the “forward to” number, just repeat steps 1-3..

To Cancel Call Forwarding
2. Press * 7 3

Now THAT is a user-friendly improvement don't ya think?.