Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Don't want voicemail

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Don't want voicemail

Don't want voicemail. We call comcast and stop it but we start getting voicemails later on. How do we stop voicemails permanently?

New Poster

Re: Don't want voicemail

I did not order this service nor do I want it

Expert

Call into Comcast and ask that the Voicemail Feature be removed from your account.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Regular Visitor

We have called Comcast numerous times to have the Voicemail feature removed but it returns within a week or two.

Expert

dcreeden wrote:

We have called Comcast numerous times to have the Voicemail feature removed but it returns within a week or two.

Call back into Comcast and tell the CSR exactly that statement... something in the Billing System is reprovisioning your VM without human intervention....

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Regular Visitor

I followed your instructions and the response was the same as twice before, wait 48 hours, it hasn't happened again but I'm giving it more time.

Thanks for responding, hope it stays fixed this time.

New Poster

I cancel voicemail, then a month later it's back on and I have to spend another hour on the phone with them cancelling it again. I'm now on the 4th round of this run-around. 

New Poster

There's a limit on how many times a person can keep calling Comcast about this.

Official Employee

Hi all, please let me know if you want Voicemail removed from your account and I will assist.

Thank you