Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Do you Echo or garbled voice on outgoing line

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Do you Echo or garbled voice on outgoing line

Have four ATT wireless phones on our Xfinity voice line. Callers say that there are echoes and our voices are not understandable. Anyone else havde this trouble?

gate51

sonoma

Frequent Visitor

Re: Do you Echo or garbled voice on outgoing line

Yes, this problem has been happening for over a year and Comcast is at a loss to figure out what the problem is. We've been through troubleshooters, technical support, numerous technicians...and not one of them can figure out where the feedback is coming from.

Frequent Visitor

The trouble shooters realize it's feedback, and it happens predominately in the Fairfield area. I can barely use my home phone anymore. We've been reporting this problem (my neighbors experience it too) and they have yet to fix or credit my account for the lack of use of my phone.

Administrator

gate51 wrote:

Have four ATT wireless phones on our Xfinity voice line. Callers say that there are echoes and our voices are not understandable. Anyone else havde this trouble?

gate51

sonoma

Have you tried any other handsets besides these? If your issue continues, a tech might need to go out to investigate this.

Frequent Visitor

This happens on a hardwire phone also, not just cordless. The home phone Lan Line is virtually unusable. I've had 4 techs come out....each has checked wiring inside, cable box outside at the street, modem....every inch of my house and street and nothing has fixed the problem. I have the Tech's cell phone number, that's how many times I've complained about this problem. His name is Henry and he told me they have been researching the interference or feedback present in this area for months now. However, with that said....my home phone is useless and I have yet to receive proper compensation for the lack of use.

Frequent Visitor

This is more likely the problem:

The network simply gets overloaded periodically (like if a neighbor is downloading a big movie or something) and it can't keep up the speed necessary for voip service. Probably means Comcast just needs to upgrade its equipment in my neighborhood but doesn't want to make the investment... what else is new!

I have tried going to pingtest.net to diagnose the problem. When the problem is not occurring PingTest returns a grade of A with 0% packet loss, ping of around 12ms and jitter of 1-2ms. BUT, if I run pingtest when the problem is happening I get a score of F with packet loss above 50%, ping times around 150ms and jitter of around 190ms

New Poster

We have been experiencing this same problem since we upgraded our triple-play service from Comcast to Infinity.  Any ideas why this change made this problem surface?  From reading previous responses, it seems the problem is linked to capacity and speed, which I thought were both better with my upgrade.  What am I missing?

Frequent Visitor

The only reply I’ve received from Comcast’s Field Supervisor is “our network is clear” 

Basically, no one wants to actually address the problem but they never fail to BILL me and expect payment every month. This has been an almost 4 year battle