Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Deleting my calls

Regular Visitor

Deleting my calls

How do I delete all calls from the list online?  I don't see a delete button.

Accepted Solutions
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Deleting my calls

If you are talking about the list of calls made, answered and missed online.  You can't as Comcast won't let you

All Replies
Bronze Problem Solver

If you are talking about the list of calls made, answered and missed online.  You can't as Comcast won't let you

Regular Visitor

why not?

Regular Visitor

I don't have a delete button either....How do I delete them?   Go Fricken figure.....Someone help.Because Comcast won't..

New Poster

So does anyone um hello Comcast know why they have the calls set up to where they can't be deleted?  It doesn't make sense that I can't clear my call list at all I've got calls dating back to July or something that I don't need anymore.  Later

New Poster

So glad to see that others are having the same problem.  I can't delete either and can't get help from Comcast.  So what else is new?  And...my phones are flashing "message waiting"...I don't want their confounded voice mail as I prefer my answering machine.  I've asked all my friends to not leave messages if the phone rings into Comcast voice mail.  I have decided that Comcast is the company most unfriendly to consumers that I have ever encountered.  Good luck to us all!!!! 

Valued Contributor

I have noticed the same issue.  From all that I have been able to find out is;  for some reason comcast does not allow the user to delete any calls (Missed/answered/or made) from the user visible call logs.  This is unlike any other phone provider that I have dealt with that allows the user to access their calls records on-line.  I do know that comcast, as well as all phone providers, do have a requirement to hold records for a certain timeframe for "Big Brother" but that requirement should not be forced onto the users controlled viewing areas.  Comcast does not seem to be a "customer centric" company, no matter what all their ads say.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast is the worst.  They treat their customer like crab.  They just too big to care about their customers.

Regular Visitor

This is a serious invasion of privacy that may have me looking elsewhere. Since wehn is our information not our own to do with as we choose? OK, dumb question but we should have some rights. They can store the data in their break room for all I care. I just don't want a long list to wade through.

BTW: I just discovered idi*ot is not permited and considered a "bad" word

Regular Visitor

I have the same proble, and would like to delete all but cannot.  It sounds fishy that comcast states that per requiements from 'BIG BROTHER" they cannot let customers delete any thing.  This is the only phone comapy that does this.  And yes comcast has the edge on the amount of customers it has, because no other company can provide all of the services comcast gives.  BUT, those serviecs are B**SH**!!  Somthing needs to be done about these issues.  Does anyone know how you would go about exercising our rights as ciztiens of the United States?

Bronze Problem Solver

Land line phone companies are required to keep phone record logs and many keep them for years.  Also NSA collects and keeps them for 5 years.

If you don't like this call your Senator and representative.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/05/22/how-long-cellphone-companies-store-your-call-records

A federal regulation requires landline providers to store call detail records 18 months, but wireless companies store the records for shorter – or significantly longer – periods of time.

Valued Contributor

I think that all of us are aware that the federal government has certain requirements for communication companies to keep call records for some period of time.  What I think many of us comcast customers are looking for, I know I am, is the ability to delete calls from the customer facing programs /apps that comcast provides us.  We are not looking to remove calls permanently that comcast has a requirement to hold on to for the government mandates.  I know for a fact that other landline providers have customer facing programs/apps that allow you to remove the calls from those programs.  comcast more then likely does not want to make the customer experience one that would be great or they just do not want to spend the time on the programing.  Oh BTW some of the other land line providers, this process can done right from your TV or you can go on-line to do it.

New Poster

It is insane of comcast not to allow deleting missed calls!

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved: