Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Comcast published my "non-published" phone number

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Comcast published my "non-published" phone number

I've had the same phone number for 13 years, always non-published, unlisted, whatever you call it.  I work in the criminal justice system and need to maintain my privacy.  I switched to Comcast less than 2 months ago and specifically asked for my number to remain non-published.  The monthly non-published fee is listed on my bill.  However, my phone number, along with my address, now shows up in online searches and I've started getting telemarketing calls.

I logged into my account at digitalvoice.comcast.net and there it is, my phone number and the notation "published".  I called customer service and had a live chat - Comcast reps say my phone number is indeed non-published, but they can't explain why it appears as published on their own website and in online searches.  Any help? 

Regular Contributor

Re: Comcast published my "non-published"

hopp0023- I am sorry for the trouble this is causing, I will have this addressed for you. Please send me your contact and account information to my inbox, I sent you a message for you to reply to.
Thank you
Comcast Vic.
New Poster

As far as I know you can pay for non publishing, and years ago it worked with society using phone books ( published) now that society uses the internet, EVERYTHING can be found, your social security number, your address, your phone number, relatives and so on. There is no real privacy setting for online publishing.

In my opinion, paying the non published fee in today's world is wasteless.

New Poster

Same thing happened to me.  I would be interested to know how they compensated you for everything over the past 13 years you have been keeping away from prying eyes.  Let me know if you can.  I also work in the criminal justice system and have had my information "hidden" for the past 25 years.  Recently I have learned comast  posted it on their "on-line directory" inadvertenly.  They say sorry, but I think it's a little too late for that.