Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Can't retrieve voice mail on the Internet

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Can't retrieve voice mail on the Internet

Have been on Comcast Digital Voice for over 6 months . I can"t retrieve my voicemail on the internet. I have called Comcast several times and they say they will work on it but nothing yet.  6 months and nothing but lies.  It shows I do not have Digital Voice.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Can't retrieve voice mail on the Internet

We have fixed an issue in your account. You should be able to retrieve voice mail from the Internet now. Please verify. Thanks.

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

I think I will try ATT maybe they can fix the problem or at least try.

Official Employee

Could you provide some details? What error did you get? Can you check emails? Can you see the call logs? When you clicked on a voice message, what happened?

Message Edited by Zhou on 01-02-2009 10:45 AM
Frequent Visitor

Tells me I am not a Comcast Digital Voice customer. I have been fo 6 months. I have call 3 times and talk to Comcast and Comcast never has fixed the problem.
Official Employee

I have sent the issue you have to the Engineering team. We will look into it as soon as possible.
Official Employee

We have fixed an issue in your account. You should be able to retrieve voice mail from the Internet now. Please verify. Thanks.
Frequent Visitor

Yes it is working now thank you.
Regular Visitor

I have also had this problem and still have no resilution. I had a chat session and was told at that time that a work ticket would be sent in. I truley hope it does not take me 6 months to get this problem resolved. I am glad yours has now been resolved.
Official Employee

noozer, I'm checking the status of your ticket internally.
Regular Visitor

Thanks please keep me informed as to your solution.
Official Employee

Please see the other thread you started.

Regular Visitor

I could formerly listen to my Voice Mail, so I know I have it.  Now, when I click on my messages, it just says "loading," and that is it.  They never upload.

What can I do?

Regular Visitor

No error messages.

I've been using Outlook Express and can receive messages there.

Cannot recieve messages on the Smart Zone.

Official Employee

Can you try it again at different times (i.e. morning, afternoon) and locations (i.e. home, office).

New Poster

"Have been on Comcast Digital Voice for over 6 months . I can"t retrieve my voicemail on the internet. I have called Comcast several times and they say they will work on it but nothing yet.  6 months and nothing but lies.  It shows I do not have Digital Voice."

I too have this same exact problem. I called Comcast 6 months ago as well and was told they would fix the problem. I called again today 5/5/09 and spoke with a so-called tech who didn't have any idea how to correct the problem. He said he referred it to their engineering dept. and they are supposed to call me in a few days-yea, right like they were going to fix it 6 months ago. I am getting completely fed up with the Comcast runaround-no service help. Thankfully ATT Versa is coming to my area. Looks like I have no choice but to change to get help and service I should have gotten months ago.

Official Employee

coho,  we made a minor correction to your account.  Please try it again now.
New Poster

I AM A NEW CUSTOMER TO COMCAST.NET AND I AM GETTING REALLY UPSET WITH COMCAST.  I AM NOT ABLE TO DO MANY OF THE THINGS I AM ABLE TO INCLUDING RETRIEVE VOICE MAIL ON THE INTERNET.  IT IS A JOB TO ASK COMCAST BECAUSE IT CAN NOT ANSWER ANYTHING.
Expert

102mag, you're going to have to provide more details. Are you trying to use SmartZone or the Digital Voice Center? What happens when you try to get your voicemail?

Also, please don't write in ALL CAPS. It's hard to read and perceived as shouting. 

Official Employee

102mag, we did find and fix a minor error on your account.  Please try it again now.  If something doesn't work please provide as much detail (including error message) as possible and post it back here.  If everything is working now, please let us know that too.
Regular Visitor

I am now able to receive my voice mail thanks for your help.

New Poster

Do I have voicemail?  When I tried to call yeaterday it said it went to voicemail

New Poster

can you fix mine too.  j.l.robertson@comcast.net

Frequent Visitor

I can not get to my voicemail on the internet.....See the below information for my problem:

Introduction

As an XFINITY Voice customer, you can stay on top of your voicemail messages online. So even when you’re away from home, but have Internet access, you won’t miss important messages.

Check Your Voicemail in XFINITY Connect

1. Go to the XFINITY website and click Connect (email icon) at the top of the page.
  2. Enter your Comcast ID and password.
  3. Click the Voice tab at the top of XFINITY Connect.
  4. You’ll see a menu on the left side of the page, under the phone number.
  5. Click Voicemail and a gray box will appear around the selection.
  6. Click on the message you want to hear.
  7. Click the Play button to listen to the voicemail.

THE ABOVE DIRECTIONS DO NOT WORK….WHEN I CLICK ON “VOICE” I GET THE BELOW message(this has been a problem now for over a month & I have called Comcast several times about this but no one seems to know how to fix it):

XFINITY Voice

Talk as long as you want with unlimited local and long-distance home phone service.

Enjoy unlimited nationwide calling and service that’s rated #1. Plus, XFINITY Voice integrates with your TV and computer for ultimate control and flexibility. Additional fees may apply.

Learn more

Regular Visitor

Hello - I also have the same issue - no voice options online, just an option to purchase phone service even though i pay for the service. This happens to me about two to three times a year.  s1863307@comcast.net

Thanks!!

Frequent Visitor

Today I received a call from Comcast as follow-up for my problem of not being able to view or hear my voicemail on my home computer. They did some things while I was on hold and then instructed me to sign out and then sign back in. Then when I signed back in and went to the voice tab, it instructed me to put in my security pin number. After this I was again able to to view my voice messages & hear them on my home computer!! Thank you so much!!! Happy New Year!