Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Can't access Xfinity voice tab

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Can't access Xfinity voice tab

When I go into my acccount and try to access voicemail via the voice tab it brings up a page with details about signing up for digital voice which of course I already have. I also can't access from digitalvoice.comcast.com. Voicemail itself works fine, just can't access from the internet.

New Poster

Re: Can't access Xfinity voice tab

Same problem here - I have been calling Xfinity support for weeks on this, and had a technician supervisor call me and say he wouldn't send out a technician to fix it because it is back office issue

Frequent Visitor

So last night I spent an hour in a chat session with someone in an attempt to get this fixed. Now I no longer get the page with info about signing up for voice. Instead I get an error stating that

"Sorry, but Voice is temporarily unavailable We are working on fixing the problem. Please check again later"

I'm about ready to give up. I've already wasted so much time on this with no resolution. It seems like this should be so simple. Last night the person on chat spent most of the time having me clear the cookies and cache in the browser and attempting to log in again. This was even though I mentioned several times that I've tried on mutiple computers and browsers and that the issue is on their end. Can anyone help?

Frequent Visitor

Also I just noticed under the Xfinity connect preferences, when I click on voice, it says that "Sorry, your account doesn't have voice". Of course I do however.

Regular Visitor

Having the same problem showing  me how I can sign up for xfinity Voice. I had begun getting this message after replacing my modem with a free all improved modem.

I have now called the help line twice, to explain what is going on. The second call I made I was informed that there has been a ticket submitted for my problem and has been placed in a que for the Engineers.  

Can no longer forward my home phone to my cell nor can I retrieve Voice Mail.

Frequent Visitor

I'M having same problem. Can't delete old vm msgs because no online access to voice tab.
New Poster

Just back from vacation. Election Day is tomorrow so there are TWELVE messages and I'm sure most, if not all, are political. The phone doesn't let you delete them Until the end of the message and I DO NOT want to listen to politicians drone on and on. I used to be able to go the website and see all voice mail messages. Now, under account, it shows a button for voice/text, but when I click on it, it takes me to something called Zimbra. I think it's showing text message folders, but I can't find anything there for voice mail messages. Where did this go?
New Poster

I can't access this either, has there been any solution?

Regular Visitor

Have my voice back now, but not after three calls to the help desk in which they gave me a number and said a tech would call and never did. I had to email the VP office twice before getting any action.

When finally I received an email from a tech. who sent a new pin number and low and behold it worked and I had accsess to Voice. This problem not only took up a lot of my time, but took over three weeks to get anything done. 

Mabee if you tried to just change your pin number on your own you might be able to avoid the problems I had trying to get help.

Please Post if that works.

Good Luck!

Frequent Visitor

Same thing. Chat does not understand that the email icon does not take me to voice. There is no voice tab. I've spent hours on this. What is the VP's email address?

Regular Visitor

I have since deleted all the contact emails to this office and failed to find it again. It is the office of Tom Karinshak, Senior Vice President of Customer Experience, maybe you could have better luck finding. 

Meanwhile if you have not changed your Voice Pin # I found these instructions on doing so.

To change your Voicemail PIN online:
Sign in to My Account.
Click Users & Preferences at the top of the page.
Click Email and Voice Settings.
In the ‘Voice settings’ box on the right side of the page, click Change Voicemail PIN.
Enter your new voicemail PIN and confirm the new PIN.
Click Update.
To Change Your Voicemail PIN Over the Phone
Dial into your voicemail, then access the main menu.
Press 4 for Personal Options.
Press 2 for Administrative Options.
Press 1 for Password Change.
Follow the remaining instructions to change your PIN.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks m_earl, but I can't find a voice tab anywhere- or a place for a PIN. I just want to see a list of incoming and outgoing calls by date. Preferences just takes me to comcast email ads. Never had this problem before I switched from a laptop to kindle. Could that make a difference?

Expert

patken13 wrote:

Thanks m_earl, but I can't find a voice tab anywhere- or a place for a PIN. I just want to see a list of incoming and outgoing calls by date. Preferences just takes me to comcast email ads. Never had this problem before I switched from a laptop to kindle. Could that make a difference?

The PIN is required ( Voice PIN, not a VM PIN ) for Voice Services to work.... the PIN will need to be entered in the Kindle's APP....if you don't know your PIN you can call into COmcast and thety can send it to you via email...

I had this same problem when I swticjed out smartphones....  same deal.   The CSR had me up and running within 1 hour.

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

New Poster

BECAUSE COMCAST SUCKS! THEY CAN ALWAYS ACCESS YOUR BILL!