Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Call blocking

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Call blocking

The limit of 12 blocked numbers is not enough! In spite of being registered on the Do-Not-Call-Registry I receive numerous soliciting phone calls, often 2-3 a day. I have my 12 allowed blocked and sure would like to block more. I am so fed up with these unrelenting sales robots!!!!!!!! 

New Poster

Re: Call blocking

Twelve blocked calls are not enough. 

Frequent Visitor

Customers have been saying this for years, nobody listens.

Problem Solver

Your requests and messages has been forwarded to our product development team to improve the user experience of our products and services.

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

New Poster

There is a solution if you have CenturyLink in your area. They have a feature that intercepts all incoming calls (except the numbers you whitelist) with the message, "This number does not accept solicitation calls. If you are a solicitor please remove this number from your list. If you are not a solicitor, press 1 to connect." This eliminated ALL my solicitation calls!

Sadly, I changed over to Comcast Triple Play to save money. Big mistake. Despite being on the Do Not Call Registry, we get several a day, sometimes waking us up in the morning! Since Comcast does not have either the will or the technical competence to put such a solicitation filter on their lines, we'll be switching back to CenturyLink.

Tags (1)
New Poster

how do I block unwanted calls?

Contributor

12 blocks simply is not enough, as stated by previous posters.  The do-not-call lists are not deterents.  I guess I could start filing complaints with the state attorney general's office since these callers do not have any prior relation with anyone in this household.  But a fix by Comcast would be much simpler for your subscribers.

New Poster

Is this "official response" just a joke ? Is it a robo posting ? The solicitation problem, by robo phone trash, has rendered unprotected phone lines unusable. We switched to Comcast in search of a solution. This 12 number limit is absurd. Most of the robo operations have at least a dozen numbers, so a limit of 12 blocked numbers barely addresses the problem. It's time for me to check out Vonage, or Verizon, or some other provider. There has to be someone who is serious about addressing this all too common problem for phone customers.
Contributor

Yes , and the number of unsolicited calls seems now to be expanding exponentially.  Coming from Canada and many out-of-my-state locations.  It has come down to my not answering any calls I don't recognize.  Occasionally this results in my missing a call  from an  acquaintance, unfortunately, when there is a number but no ID info.  Surely Comcast can do something!  I may be wrong but I don't think Comcast offers the service that starts:  "You have reached a number that does not accept solicitations..."

Contributor

I have had and STILL have numerous, unsolicited telemarketer calls interrupting my day almost very day, several times a day! I 'blocked them to my 12 number limit, the SAME companies just changed their numbers slightly and started again! I tried removing the older numbers to allow adding the more recent numbers and although I now only show FOUR numbers blocked, when I try to add to THAT...'sorry your blocked number list is full'....GARBAGE!

I have just begun FORWARDING those telemarketers numbers to STATE REPRESENTATIVES numbers! LET THEM SEE how IRRITATING this problem is and maybe THEY will come up with a SOLUTION that actually WORKS! I may just state forwarding them to OTHER telemarketer's numbers!

I am ALSO looking for another phone service provider next year, since this problem does not appear to concern any COMCAST representatives judging from the 'robo-replies' they send endlessly in response to this and similar issues. COMCAST... FYI...Customers are concerned with RESULTS... NOT PATRONIZING form letter responses!

Contributor

How about forwarding them to Comcast??

New Poster

Yeah 12 is not enough.

How about a date blocked column to go along with each number so we can retire older  blocked numbers?  Yeah farckyou comcast.

New Poster

i get tired of juggling the same numbers around. picking up the phone and screaming at them doesn't work. the limit of 12 blocked numbers has never been enough, and now with the upcoming gubernatorial election here in new jersey, we have already gotten numerous political calls. give us the ability to block more calls so we have more control over the sanity in our homes. the CALM act doesn't seem to have had an effect on the vollume of tv ads . . .
Contributor

And now, Anonymous Call Blocking isn't working  

The box is checked next to "Block Anonymous Calls", but I am receiving calls which show up on caller ID as Anonymous.

Please fix.

Regular Visitor

How do I block unwanted caller?

New Poster

I found an alternative. My cordless phone system died, so I bought a new one by Panasonic. It lets me block 250 numbers, just by using the caller ID recall and then pressing Block. It still rings once (it has to, to get the caller ID), but then it stops and I think they get a message saying their number is blocked or I'm not in service or something.

Nice solution, since Comcast won't do squat.

I had CenturyLink before; they had a wonderful feature that required callers (unless you whitelisted them) to listen to a "No solicitation" greeting, then press 1 to be connected. I didn't get a single solicitation call come through while I had that service! Your phone doesn't even ring, as the call doesn't come through until after the greeting. Wonderful system. I'm thinking about going back to CenturyLink just for that feature.

New Poster

Comcast isn't listening - Twelve blocked calls are not enough. 

Frequent Visitor

Not only is Comcast not listening - *77 for blocking Anonymous calls do not work.  I used *60 and that doesn't block the same Anonymous calls that use different phone numbers.  I called Comcast, used the Chat feature & this morning another call came through.

Contributor

This is an update to my original post. There seems tobe NO ONE listening to the many repeated requests to increase the number of Blocked calls allowed by Comcast from the present limit of only 12 (VERY inadequate). What I have to lately is to check my  'missed calls list against the current blocked numbers list here and replace the oldest with the newer Telemarketer numbers... and yes..the 'block anonymous numbers' does NOT seem to be functioning! The Tele-arsheads have also begun adding didgets to their existing Caller ID # to get around blocked numbers! Another option I also use (not Comcast's) is a very nice Caller blocking feature with my wireless phones that allows 25 numbers to be blocked! Someone here even posted theirphone allowed a 250 Number bloked list (Sweet) I may buy that phone!

All frustrating to say the least... The 'do-not-call' registers seem to be sources for the telemarketer industry to get numbers FROM...because  they have NOT slowed down...and are getting even WORSE!

Thank you Comcast for your obvious Customer 'Concern' in addressing this issue...BYW...'Forwarding' these messages over 1 YEAR OLD to some 'black-hole' department...with nothing EVER changing...only reinforces the  common belief that Once you have our Money..we stop mattering. Too bad.

New Poster

I finally gave up and went back to CenturyLink. Haven't had a solicitation get through since. It's a bit more money, but worth it!

Regular Visitor

Comcast is moving backwards, i use to have 25 call blocked numbers allowed now they dropped it down to 12 numbers. instead of raises the limit they make it smaller. 

Contributor

Are u sure?  How can you tell?  As far as I know I still have 25 blocked. Will check.