Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Call Screening - New Feature Request - Review and Edit Screened Numbers

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Call Screening - New Feature Request - Review and Edit Screened Numbers

This seems to be a frequently requested function and I think it is worthy of getting into the list of system changes requests. The enhancement would save customers time, ease the management of Call Screening, and provide Comcast with another advantage over their competitors (helping to win additional customers).

Functionality through both the phone and Digital Voice Center for viewing the current list of numbers that are subject to Call Screening, as well as editing (adding, deleting, modifying, turning individual numbers on/off, etc.), would be a welcome addition. Even providing this functionality only through the Digital Voice Center would be a welcome addition.

This may be more complicated to implement than it would appear, but I at least wanted to raise it up as a request.

Thanks.
Regular Contributor

Re: Call Screening - New Feature Request - Review and Edit Screened Numbers

I vote for that too !

Tim
Contributor

I think that call screening (which was a feature to be included with my CDV) would be excellent. But I have had CDV since 6-2-08 & have never been able to get the screening to work.

Here is the screen I get when I click on the 'call screening' feature:

"" Sorry, we are currently unable to complete your request. We apologize for this inconvenience. If this problem persists, please call Customer Service.   [Error DVC-351]  ""

Does anybody have an idea what this means??

I hate to be on the phone (again) or chat (again) for 30 minutes or more to be promised this will be fixed & it not happen. It took me 4 calls/chats just to finally get access online to the CDV.

Thanks, Steven
New Poster

I love the idea of call screening! Esp. if I can block certain calls! Woman Very Happy
Frequent Visitor

I would love to have this feature but I fear it will not be a panacea. I have blocked specific numbers but noticed that they can still ring the phone. When they do call, the caller id does not register the number or that a call came in. (It merely lights up) I am able to see the calling number(s) by going to the DVC and looking at the call history. They are always labeled "unavailable" i.e., no caller id info. Very strange.
Frequent Visitor

I agree -- I can add/delete phone numbers (if I remember which ones I blocked) but I would like an option to review which numbers are actually "activated" as being blocked.
Frequent Visitor

I have used the call screening function and love it but I would agree that we need to be able to see what numbers and such have been blocked.

Although I have kept a paper with my numbers when I went to delete a number so that I could add another I was told it was invalid.

I also believe that we should be able to block out more than 12 numbers is we wish.

Work on this Comcast as it is a great feature for many people.

Thanks

Bronze Problem Solver

We are working on providing this feature in SmartZone at a later date. 

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

It is a year later date; when can we expect this feature to be offered?
Frequent Visitor

Re: Call Screening - New Feature Request - Review

I'm not sure if you noticed -- but it is now part of the options menu when you dial *80

Finally!

Love how the Mod's respond on this board!

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Re: Call Screening - New Feature Request - Review

I wish I could view my call screening list.

bob allan