Community Forum

Call Blocking Additional Numbers

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Call Blocking Additional Numbers

Is it possible to increase the allowance of blocked numbers beyond 25.

I have considerably more than 25 unwanted callers, especially political callers.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Call Blocking Additional Numbers

robertkeen02 wrote:

Is it possible to increase the allowance of blocked numbers beyond 25.

I have considerably more than 25 unwanted callers, especially political callers.

Unfortunately, 25 is the maximum number that CDV service allows to be blocked.  There are retail add-on devices you can purchase and these increase that number dramatically.  Hope this helps.

Contributor

Thanks for this reply.

Since you clearly know more about this than I do, you can probably answer a setup question.

I'm looking at an add-on call blocker made by CPR. It gets good reviews.

I also have Xfinity X1 telephone service. Before I spend $100 or so I want to be sure it would function.

To install an add-on, would I connect it at the wall, before the modem and would that interfere with the X1 service.

Gold Problem Solver

robertkeen02 wrote:

Thanks for this reply.

Since you clearly know more about this than I do, you can probably answer a setup question.

I'm looking at an add-on call blocker made by CPR. It gets good reviews.

I also have Xfinity X1 telephone service. Before I spend $100 or so I want to be sure it would function.

To install an add-on, would I connect it at the wall, before the modem and would that interfere with the X1 service.

Connect the device per the manual's instructions ( which should be between the phone and the Tel Jack < modem/.gateway/ or your own> ).  Anything you do with the CDV service will not interfere with your X1 service ( separate network ).  Hope this helps!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

It does . . . thanks!

Contributor

I understand "CDV Service" limits the number of calls that can be blocked to 25. My question is, What/who is CDV Service? Can anything be done to increase this "allowance". I now have spammers that can morph their phone numbers and call me from several different numbers.

The simplist solution would be to allow unlimited call blocking. I worry about these add-on devices' compatibility with X1. I don't trust NoMoRobo. It was blocking too many non-spammer calls

If unlimited is impossible, is there a preferred add on device with X1 that installs easily?

Gold Problem Solver

robertkeen02 wrote:

I understand "CDV Service" limits the number of calls that can be blocked to 25. My question is, What/who is CDV Service? Can anything be done to increase this "allowance". I now have spammers that can morph their phone numbers and call me from several different numbers.

The simplist solution would be to allow unlimited call blocking. I worry about these add-on devices' compatibility with X1. I don't trust NoMoRobo. It was blocking too many non-spammer calls

If unlimited is impossible, is there a preferred add on device with X1 that installs easily?

25 is the maximum and there is no vehicle available to increase this number.

There is no "preferred" device as any decent call blocking device would work....  for reference I have found a link to a Wiki.ezvid link to the top 9 call blockers for 2017 here:  https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-call-blockers

Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Now I will try to find out how to install call blocker hardware device into my system without impacting x1.