Community Forum

Blocked incoming phone calls

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Blocked incoming phone calls

All incoming calls are blocked.  Incoming callers have used *86 to get through the block.  Now with the new 1-415 rule no one can get through to me.

New Poster

Re: Blocked incoming phone calls

So how do you block unwanted incoming phone.  can it be done online? I cannot find it anywhere on xfinity help website.  Thanks

New Poster

pllease unblock my incoming csll!

New Poster

My wife cannot call me on my comcast line. She gets a message " the party you are trying to reach is not accepting calls from this number"..... Why is this happening and how do I fix it? I can call in from my cell and others can call me. I can call her. Why can't she call me?

Gold Problem Solver

Edeskew wrote:

My wife cannot call me on my comcast line. She gets a message " the party you are trying to reach is not accepting calls from this number"..... Why is this happening and how do I fix it? I can call in from my cell and others can call me. I can call her. Why can't she call me?

Log into your account online and goto: https://pf.connect.comcast.net/OptimusPref/prefs/voice
You must be logged into your account for the above link to work.
Click on Call Screening
Add or Remove the number you need to work with.

New Poster

I went to preferences and call blocking and there was my wife's number. I tried to delete it, got a dialog box asking if I wanted to delete it. I clicked yes....but it is still there. Then did a live chat and comcast agent said they had unblocked the number. My wife tried calling and got the "not accepting calls from this number" message again. Checked and she is still blocked.

So I guess the system is just determined to keep her blocked from calling home.

Help !!!!

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Edeskew wrote:

I went to preferences and call blocking and there was my wife's number. I tried to delete it, got a dialog box asking if I wanted to delete it. I clicked yes....but it is still there. Then did a live chat and comcast agent said they had unblocked the number. My wife tried calling and got the "not accepting calls from this number" message again. Checked and she is still blocked.

So I guess the system is just determined to keep her blocked from calling home.

Help !!!!

From your home phone try this:  dial star*60 and when you hang up the phone will ring and give you options.

Using the phone press #3 to remove a blocked number and press the number on the phone you want removed. There are other options also. Just listen and choose to do such things as add a number to your block list and press 6 to get a list of all the numbers in your blocked list.

This is ther "manual" way to unblock a number..... hope this helps you!

New Poster

Got her unblocked ! Finally. Thanks for the advice.

Gold Problem Solver

Edeskew wrote:

Got her unblocked ! Finally. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah!!!  Another satisified customer !!!!