Community Forum

BYOD Research Team Progress ????

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

BYOD Research Team Progress ????

I read in an article in August that an xfinity mobile executive had assigned a xfinity mobile team the task or looking into bringing BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) to xfinity mobile.  Does anyone out there know the progress of this project? Sure would be nice to at least get an update.

Official Employee

Re: BYOD Research Team Progress ????

rbinark, I don't have an update on this project just yet. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Ken!  Please keep us posted if you do hear.  I am very happy with my xfinity mobile service and would very much like to add another line if BYOD becomes avaliable.

Official Employee

Will do. On the same note, once it's announced, I'm sure we'll have a megathread with the details. 

New Poster

This has been literally the ONLY thing holding me back from switching over to Xfinity Mobile.  I bought Motorola phones specifically because I wanted to be able to switch carriers without having to purchase new phones and have been waiting for this ever since Xfinity Mobile was announced.

Most Valued Poster

Bgnome wrote:

This has been literally the ONLY thing holding me back from switching over to Xfinity Mobile.  I bought Motorola phones specifically because I wanted to be able to switch carriers without having to purchase new phones and have been waiting for this ever since Xfinity Mobile was announced.

Should have bought the $1 LG and swapped the SIM.  Just sayin'. Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

I too am anxious to move my two new (May 2017) Galaxy S8's from AT&T to XFinity mobile - so please urge the BYOD Team to get the capability done !!

Official Employee

I too am anxious to move my two new (May 2017) Galaxy S8's from AT&T to XFinity mobile - so please urge the BYOD Team to get the capability done !!

bdmaytum, I know you're anxious! We're working on it! 

New Poster

An employee at a local Xfinity store told me that BYOD will be available in January 2018.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Trial BYOD for iPhones with new line activations in select cities (Centennial CO, Havertown, PA, Cherry Hill, NJ, and Atlanta, GA)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/7jt8ft/xfinity_mobile_byod_trial/

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/bring-oun-phone/td-p/3016458

Official Employee

Hi SunnyRadGal, thank you for providing those links and yes we are starting trials in select Xfinity stores.

Official Employee
Moved: