Community Forum

Answering incoming call causes modem to completely reset

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Answering incoming call causes modem to completely reset

Hello,

I have Xfinity cable/phone/internet with internet and phone going through the Arris TG1682G modem. I have 2 cordless phones connected directly to the 2 phone jacks on the modem itself.

Often times after answering an incoming call the entire modem will reset, losing phone/internet. The call will be connected for ~1 second before the reset occurs. While I don't get too many incoming calls I do work from home, hence this type of issue is unacceptable. This has happened several times over the last 2 weeks when comparing occurances to call volume

Unfortunately on this modem the system logs are always empty and the event logs show nothing of use. Is there something simple I can check or will I need to get a tech out?

When the system was installed ~6 months ago the tech checked the signal quality and everything was up to par so I suspect it isn't that, though anything is possible.

Thanks.

Expert

Re: Answering incoming call causes modem to completely reset

If your internet works fine and your signal levels are fine, the TG1682G probably needs to be replaced.

To check levels see: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Basic-Internet-Connectivity-And/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/125...

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.