Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Accessing Voice Mail from Cell

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Accessing Voice Mail from Cell

I recently bundled all of my service with Comcast.  I can access my VM from my home phone using my home phone number and # sign.  How do I access my VM from my cell phone?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Accessing Voice Mail from Cell

Tim04 wrote:

I recently bundled all of my service with Comcast.  I can access my VM from my home phone using my home phone number and # sign.  How do I access my VM from my cell phone?

Does this information help?

How do I check my voice mail?

There are several ways to check your Comcast voice mail:

Dial *99
From home:

1. Dial *99
  2. Enter your passcode when prompted

Dial your home telephone number
From home:

1. Dial your home telephone number
  2. Enter your passcode when prompted

Away from home:

1. Dial your home telephone number
  2. When your personal greeting begins to play, press #
  3. Enter your passcode when prompted

As a subscriber to XFINITY Voice, you also have the option of listening to your messages online. 

If you have both XFINITY Voice and XFINITY Internet service, we recommend using the SmartZone Communication Center.  To access SmartZone, follow these steps:

1. Access SmartZone from www.xfinity.comcast.net
  2. Select the Email icon
  3. Enter your primary Comcast ID and password
  4. Click the Voice tab and your call records will display 

If you have only XFINITY Voice:

1. Open a Web browser and go to www.xfinity.comcast.net
  2. Select the Voice icon
  3. Log in to the Digital Voice Center (DVC) using  your XFINITY Voice telephone number and current voice mail passcode

Set Up Comcast Voice Mail

The first time you call into your Comcast Voice Mail, you must be at home to create a new password and personalized greeting for callers to hear when they reach your voice mail. There are two ways to set up your voice mail:

Dial *99
From home:

• Dial *99
  • A tutorial will guide you through the setup of your new voice mail service.  Once you are into the system, listen carefully to the recorded instructions.  You will be prompted to create a password, record your name, and record a personalized greeting that callers will hear when they reach your voice mail. 

Dial your home telephone number
From home:

• Dial your home telephone number
  • A tutorial will guide you through the setup of your new voice mail service.  Once you are into the system, listen carefully to the recorded instructions.  You will be prompted to create a password, record your name, and record a personalized greeting that callers will hear when they reach your voice mail. 

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Re: Accessing Voice Mail from Cell

accessing voice from another phone