Community Forum

A Nightmarish Experience

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

A Nightmarish Experience

In the past seven weeks I’ve called Xfinity Mobile Support over twenty times. All of the Tier 1 representatives have been pleasant to chat with but they do not have the power to resolve our problems. I’ve been promised Tier 2 / price lock callbacks multiple times but have yet to receive a call from anyone.

The worst part of all of this is that no one at Xfinity has stepped up to resolve this situation even though it appears we are the victims of a crime that occurred at an Xfinity warehouse.

9/04: Took the family to our local Xfinity Mobile store to get new phones with the $200 off each phone promotion. The phones were not in stock and had to be shipped to us.

9/14: Waited patiently for 10 days (!). I was told during several calls that the delay was due to hurricanes. We then received an email that our order had been cancelled because iPhone 6s were no longer available. The email stated that the promotion price would be applied to a future order.

9/15: Placed an order for three iPhone 7s.

9/19: Received a package with only one phone instead of three. Someone had cut into our package, stolen two of the phones, and resealed it before it had been scanned into FedEx’s shipping system. The declared weight on Xfinity’s shipping label was significantly heavier than the amount on the FedEx tracking slip. I called to report the theft and I was told I would need to wait for a resolution.

(The intervening two weeks): Waited for Xfinity and FedEx to resolve the theft claim. Called numerous times during this period to check on the status.

10/4: Called to have the two stolen phones removed from our account. In regards to replacing the two stolen phones, I was told I would have to wait for someone in the price lock department to call me to make sure a replacement order would have the original $200 off pricing.

10/15: Called again because our Sep 13 - Oct 13 statement showed we are still being billed for the two stolen phones that should have been removed on 10/4. I was told I would receive a $46 credit. Later that day I saw the credit on our online statement.

10/16: Under the advice of another Tier 1 rep, we placed an order to replace the two stolen phones even though we had not yet heard from the price lock department - the rationale being that, when the price lock department does call me, I will need an order number to apply the discounted price to.

10/18: Received the two phones.

10/20: Called again because we are now unable to activate the one phone that we received on 9/19. It does not appear on our Xfinity Mobile Activation web page. I gave the rep the IMEI number and was told we would need a Tier 2 rep to fix the problem. He said they would call me within 12 to 24 hours. To add insult to injury, the $46 credit from 10/15 has disappeared from our account statement.

10/21: Called again since I had not heard from Tier 2 within 24 hours as promised. I was told the ticket was missing information, that it would be escalated, and that I would receive a call within 24 hours.

10/25: I have yet to speak to anyone at Xfinity Mobile who can resolve the issues summarized below.

Issues That Need to Be Resolved

• We are unable to activate the phone we received on 9/19
  • We need promotion pricing applied to our two online orders
  • We need the two stolen phones completely removed from our account
  • We need to be credited for the time period in which we were billed for the two stolen phones

I can't escape the feeling that my family and I have truly gone out of our way to become loyal Xfinity Mobile customers and yet we are being punished for it. I'm sharing this awful story in the hopes of a resolution and perhaps as a cautionary tale.

Regular Visitor

Re: A Nightmarish Experience

Sounds alot like my experience. I'd try and return everything if you are still within the 30 days. Good luck keep us updated. 

Regular Visitor

Same here.  Service is terrible

Official Employee

MJWagner, thanks for posting here. I'd like to look into your claim, activation issues, and the price lock request. Please private message me your account number, address and full name for help. 

Official Employee

MJWagner, the price lock team has honored the promotion. You'll see the adjustments on your next bill. Post again if you need anything else. 

Contributor

as for the Theft , did you contact FED EX ?? they also should be aware of what happened 

they could want to inspect the tampered with carton as well .. good luck , sorry to hear 

Official Employee

MJWagner, glad we were able to get this resolved for you. Please post again if you need further assistance.