Community Forum

$7.00 voice fee with internet

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

$7.00 voice fee with internet

Why am I charged a $7.00 voice fee on my high speed internet service?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: $7.00 voice fee with internet

Normally the $7 would be the monthly rental on the modem for Comcast High Speed internet or eMTA telephony modem if you have Comcast Digital Voice.

Problem Solver

---

Sorry about the confusion with the $7 charge on your account. The information given by Jay is correct. Please let us know if you require more assistance.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

Is it possible to purchase a phone modem and remove the $84/year charge? If so where can I purchase one?

Diamond Problem Solver

The eMTA telephony modems are available only in certain market area's at select Best Buy's with Comcast Connection Centers in them. 

Check this list for locations, and when you go to the store look for the Comcast rep hanging around the TV dept.  He wil have the eMTA's behind the counter, you purchase it from Best Buy and the Comcast rep sets up an appointment to get it installed before you leave the store.  The Arris TM722G eMTA is $150 plus tax and add the installation charge from Comcast.

This is the only option and not avaialble in all area's.

Contributor

I just got off the phone with a sale rep from comcast and I'm confused why we need to rent a Triple play modem to get triple play service.   Sounds like I'm renting a car but then told I have to pay separately for the keys? 

What is the "installation charge from Comcast" if I'm buying the modem?