Community Forum

"Victoria" - Season 3

Frequent Visitor

"Victoria" - Season 3

Season 3 started last evening 1/13/19 - it is NOT showing available On Demand - why not?  It is suppose to be FREE

Contributor

Re: "Victoria" - Season 3

yes Im lookig  for this show also! not on demand still?!

Contributor

ok its on demand now

New Poster

Season 3 Episode 4 has not yet loaded to On Demand.  Why does it take so long for episodes to Load???

Problem Solver

Recently (past year or so) the most frequent problems with PBS missing shows (HD or SD) have been PBS providing bad video files. (Just type ‘PBS’ into Search here, and several threads can be perused where Comcast explains that as the root cause problem requiring resolution.)

But here, there is an additional oddity: listings for Victoria in the Xfinity Streaming app are strange:
- Ep 2 is listed. It’s expired, though. (2-week limit on PBS Masterpiece items). Well, not really because the stream is episode 3.
- Ep 3 is listed. I’m away from home and I got the error that I need to be in-home Network-connected. No other PBS show I’ve tried gives me that.)

Hard to know if these oddities are related to last Sunday’s Ep 4 still being missing.
New Poster

Thank you so much for your replies. I wish Comcast would also chime in but doubt they will. I guess these forums are for us to talk with each other. Smiley Happy
Problem Solver

Yes, it would be nice to get more Comcast rep feedback and support, as has been the case at times in the past.

Since Wednesday’s new episodes of NOVA and Dictator’s Playbook also remain missing in SD & HD as of Friday late morning, it looks like a new go-around of bad PBS video files, as occurred several times last year. (Other network shows I care about have updated just fine this week, so it appears to be a PBS-specific problem.)
Problem Solver

I called Comcast this morning, and for the first time in my experience, was presented with an option to have a text message exchange. I like this and consider it a process improvement.

I passed on the missing shows and dates. The rep confirmed that it is a problem with PBS data. The problem is being worked, but there is no prediction on when it will get resolved.

I think last Sunday’s Victoria re-airs on PBS tonight, before new episode 5. Anyone interested should watch or record it, in case the PBS data problems linger on.
New Poster

Thanks for the info. This also happened when Poldark was airing. I also noticed that they are re-airing the episode tonight. Too many problems with on demand overall to get in to here. Hope they put the Grammys in on demand as I'll be catching up on Victoria. Frustrating!
Regular Contributor

Re: "Victoria" - Season 3 & 4 missing

I just checked and Victoria isn't listed OnDemand under PBS or as  a TV show.  

New Poster

I saw that too. Wonder if they will reload it and charge a fee per episode like they did with "Killing Eve".
Problem Solver

Episode 3 expired. (Two-week limit for PBS Masterpiece being On Demand.). Neither Ep 4 or 5 has posted, leaving no episodes. The Comcast server appears to be configured such that show entries auto-delete once the episode count goes to zero. Nothing more. Should reappear if they get Ep 4/5 posted.

Frequent Visitor

Just checked and Victoria is still not listed in PBS as a show or anywhere else On Demand. I went to PBS.org on my laptop and will be watching episode 4 there, as well as the rest, if it does not come back to Comcast. It was easy to access.
New Poster

Great tip! Thx!