Community Forum

"Chernobyl" on HBO not on OnDemand.

Regular Contributor

"Chernobyl" on HBO not on OnDemand.

"Chernobyl" premiered last Monday night ((5/6/19) on HBO; Episode 2 will debut tomorrow night, but no sign of Episode 1 on OnDemand as yet.  Any reason why not?

Official Employee

Re: "Chernobyl" on HBO not on OnDemand.

@mrshvd3 wrote:

"Chernobyl" premiered last Monday night ((5/6/19) on HBO; Episode 2 will debut tomorrow night, but no sign of Episode 1 on OnDemand as yet.  Any reason why not?

Hmmm S1E1 looks to be available - if your still not seeing it please send me your device MAC via PM.
Thanks,
Tony

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

FWIW S1E2 is already in the system and ready to go live 9pm EST tomorrow as well.
Thanks,
Tony

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@ComcastTony wrote:

@mrshvd3 wrote:

Hmmm S1E1 looks to be available - if your still not seeing it please send me your device MAC via PM.

I have no idea what "send me your device MAC via PM" means. 

I've looked for "Chernobyl" under Premium Channels>HBO and the headings under that (especially "Series"); I've also looked under TV Shows>By Network>HBO and TV Shows>Shows A - C.  Nothing under any of them.

Gold Problem Solver

@ComcastTony wrote:

@mrshvd3 wrote: "Chernobyl" premiered last Monday night ((5/6/19) on HBO ...
Hmmm S1E1 looks to be available ...

Not seeing it here either. The show is listed on www.xfinity.com/stream/, but not listed On Demand. There are short "Chernobyl:Critic" and "Chernobyl:Emotn" promos listed under "Featured on HBO/Next on HBO", but no Ep#1.

ETA: The ep is also available on the Android Stream app, but I still cannot find it in the (Tivo) STB On Demand HBO listings.

Regular Contributor

@BruceW wrote:

@ComcastTony wrote:

Not seeing it here either. The show is listed on www.xfinity.com/stream/, but not listed On Demand. There are short "Chernobyl:Critic" and "Chernobyl:Emotn" promos listed under "Featured on HBO/Next on HBO", but no Ep#1.

Thank you!  So glad to know it's not just me!

Regular Contributor

@BruceW wrote:

@ComcastTony wrote:

ETA: The ep is also available on the Android Stream app, but I still cannot find it in the (Tivo) STB On Demand HBO listings.

Still no sign of Episode 1 on OnDemand, and now no sign of Episode 2, either.

Frequent Visitor

I’m not seeing here and getting irritated.

Gold Problem Solver

@mrshvd3 wrote: ... Still no sign of Episode 1 on OnDemand, and now no sign of Episode 2, either.

I'm seeing both episodes now, but in only one, rather odd place:

On Demand / TV Shows / Chernobyl

No listing under TV Shows / A-C, nor anywhere under Premium Channels / HBO.

Weird.

Frequent Visitor

I just went to TX shows, and there they are!

Weird!

Regular Contributor

@BruceW wrote:

@mrshvd3 wrote: ... Still no sign of Episode 1 on OnDemand, and now no sign of Episode 2, either.

I'm seeing both episodes now, but in only one, rather odd place:

On Demand / TV Shows / Chernobyl

No listing under TV Shows / A-C, nor anywhere under Premium Channels / HBO.

Weird.

Yep, same here -- took them long enough!  It's also NOT under By Network>HBO.  Just the "face page" of "TV Shows".  Well, at least it's finally there.  Thanx to all who posted.

Regular Contributor

"Chernobyl" on HBO OnDemand -- disappears again.

Episodes 1 and 2 of HBO's "Chernobyl" finally showed up on OnDemand yesterday -- gone today.  Not where it was yesterday, not anywhere else it should be.  What's going on??

Regular Contributor

@rayrat wrote:

I just went to TX shows, and there they are!

Weird!

And it's missing again today.  Just started a new thread.

Frequent Visitor

Re: "Chernobyl" on HBO OnDemand -- disappears again.

Same problem here. I enjoyed episode 1 yesterday, and was set watch episode 2 right now. Again, it has disappeared. Irritated.

Regular Contributor

@rayrat wrote:

Same problem here. I enjoyed episode 1 yesterday, and was set watch episode 2 right now. Again, it has disappeared. Irritated.

Okay, "Chernobyl" is back on the OnDemand again -- this time it's in all the places where it should be.  I am NOT going to mark this "Answered" yet -- just in case it disappears again.

Official Employee

Thank you for taking the time to post  an update and glad to hear that you are now showing "Chernobyl" through Video on Demand.  Please let us know if there is anything else we could assist with.

Thank you 

New Poster

Found It. It is in TV Shows\By Network\HBO\Chernobyl. Finally!!

New Poster

Found It. It is in TV Shows\By Network\HBO\Chernobyl. 

Official Employee

Glad you are showing it listed as well!