Community Forum

on demand movie is playing in spanish. How to change to english.

Regular Visitor

on demand movie is playing in spanish. How to change to english.

I rebooted the cable box earlier today and tonight when we went to watch an "On Demand" movie, it was playing in spanish.  Other channels are fine.  How to switch to english?

Official Employee

Re: on demand movie is playing in spanish. How to change to english.

MAbram2836 wrote:

I rebooted the cable box earlier today and tonight when we went to watch an "On Demand" movie, it was playing in spanish.  Other channels are fine.  How to switch to english?

Apologies for the delay in responding. Apologies also for the issue and the experience that you described above. 

To change SAP (Secondary Audio Program) on our legacy devices, press the Menu button twice on the silver Comcast remote control. Go to Setup and then select Audio Setup. Then change the Default Audio track to your desired option using the right and left arrows. Not all audio options are available on all programs/channels. 

Thanks for your patience. 

New Poster

Re: on demand movie is playing in spanish. Default audio track stays on Spanish.

When I go into Audio Setup, Default Audio Track is on Spanish.  When I try to use the arrow keys, it doesn't change it.  I can change the other options under Audio Setup - just not the default audio track.  What to do?

New Poster

Re: on demand movie is playing in spanish. Default audio track stays on Spanish.

Change the Descriptive Audio Service to 'Off' and it should open the Default Audio Track so you can use the arrow to change to English.
New Poster

Forgot to mention, on the Comcast remote you can hit the D button and it will do the same without going through the steps in Audio Setup.