Community Forum

no new titles have been added to TCM ON DEMAND FREE for viewing on TV

Regular Contributor

no new titles have been added to TCM ON DEMAND FREE for viewing on TV

As of this morning ---- still  no new titles have been added to TCM ON DEMAND FREE for viewing on TV (not for streaming)! All titles state NEW but they are not. Anyone else experiencing this?

Expert

Re: no new titles have been added to TCM ON DEMAND FREE for viewing on TV

@SLannes wrote:

As of this morning ---- still  no new titles have been added to TCM ON DEMAND FREE for viewing on TV (not for streaming)! All titles state NEW but they are not. Anyone else experiencing this?

It is quite possible that TCM have been having some mechanical problems with their equipment used to set up these ON DEMAND movies. If you remember, you reported about some movies being almost unusable about a month or so ago.

It is quite possible if they removed the original copy of a movie placed in ON DEMAND recently with a new copy, it might show up as "New"  now. Problems with the equipment could also explain the current shortage of movies.

Let's hope that more movies will be showing up soon.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

It is quite possible that TCM have been having some mechanical problems with their equipment used to set up these ON DEMAND movies. If you remember, you reported about some movies being almost unusable about a month or so ago.

It is quite possible if they removed the original copy of a movie placed in ON DEMAND recently with a new copy, it might show up as "New"  now. Problems with the equipment could also explain the current shortage of movies.

Let's hope that more movies will be showing up soon.

As of This morning Sat 11/10 still no new titles added.  Can't get answer  from Comcast and of course TCM (Warner Media owned by A T & T) never replies.    Thus, its either watch TCM movie when aired, often in the very early AM, or forgo.   

New Poster

Still no new titles anyone know why
Regular Contributor

@MNtundraRET wrote:
Off topic post. Not helpful.

Could you please reply to Gilllm's posting ? Perhaps  you can get an anwser from Comcast-Xfinity on topic.  Thank you!

Gilllm New Poster
‎11-11-2018 06:08 AM
Still no new titles anyone know why

New Poster

Its down to 13 titles here in San Francisco. Since TCM is virtually the only content on this thing that is not drivel, this is a problem. Others in my household require the service 

New Poster

Same problem also on Xfinity Streaming.  Down to 3 movies listed for TCM network.  Too bad, good movies are being missed.

Official Employee

@SLannes wrote:

Our team is still researching what is to be expected. Thanks for your contined patience. 

I can assure you that we provide whatever TCM provides us as per our contract.

Comcast does not remove, alter or delay anything from any On Demand provider unless there is a quality issue.

To be clear, TCM may deliver On Demand movies to us on a schedule that may or may not match their offerings and timing on their regular channel.

That’s entirely up to TCM.

Hang tight, checking with the right teams to understand what is expected.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Why are there no new on demand movies on TCM?

The number of on demand movies offered by Turner Classic Movies station has now dwindled to a hand full and is not being replenished. This is not a new issue as it has occurred before.  Please correct this as I am paying extra for the service!

New Poster

I've had the same problem with TCM on xfinity on demand--no new movies added for several days, and the number of remaining movies dwindles down each day, due to each movie's expiration date. This is unprecedented. Just a week or so ago, there were 100 movies on demand.  I wish there were some way to get to the bottom of this.

New Poster

It's the same dire situation here in Boston--just a handful of movies left on TCM on demand, the number dwindling down each day,  with no new movies added for days.

New Poster

TCM On Demand Being Phased Out?

I’m an avid TCM viewer and have made much use of On Demand for viewing movies shown later in the evening. For the last week, since 11/5/2018, the number of available movies has been decreasing and there are no movies with deadline dates after November 14 (hence no movies shown since November 8). Wondering if there is an explanation for this. This is on a non-Xfinity cable box (an older Motorola box). Haven’t checked my Xfinity box
Official Employee

Re: TCM On Demand Being Phased Out?

@MPence1 wrote:
I’m an avid TCM viewer and have made much use of On Demand for viewing movies shown later in the evening. For the last week, since 11/5/2018, the number of available movies has been decreasing and there are no movies with deadline dates after November 14 (hence no movies shown since November 8). Wondering if there is an explanation for this. This is on a non-Xfinity cable box (an older Motorola box). Haven’t checked my Xfinity box

Apologies. Our On Demand team is still researching what is to be expected.

They are working directly with TCM and their content delivery provider to understand what the issue may be.

I can assure you that we provide whatever TCM provides us as per our contract. 

We don’t remove, alter or delay anything from any On Demand provider unless there is a quality issue.

To be clear, TCM may deliver On Demand movies to us on a schedule that may or may not match their offerings and timing on their regular channel. That’s entirely up to TCM.

Thanks for your patience here. Our team is working on this. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

As an update,  our On Demand team has identified a number of TCM movies that are expected to be available on our On Demand platform yet are not yet available.  TCM has been made aware and the right teams are working on this. 

Apologies that this process is taking as long as it is taking. TCM is certainly aware of the situation.

These issues are prioritized and worked accordingly. Sometimes, these things can take time to identify and resolve.

Apologies that this happened. Please know that the right teams are involved. I will post an update here as new information is received.  

Thanks for your continued patience.

New Poster

I really appreciate your efforts in alerting TCM to the problem and assuring us  TCM subscribers in xfinity that more TCM on-demand movies are on their way. I had no luck when I called xfinity earlier today to report the problem, nor did I receive a response from TCM after I left them a voicemail and emailed them through their website.

Regular Contributor

@BeninJP wrote:

I really appreciate your efforts in alerting TCM to the problem and assuring us  TCM subscribers in xfinity that more TCM on-demand movies are on their way. I had no luck when I called xfinity earlier today to report the problem, nor did I receive a response from TCM after I left them a voicemail and emailed them through their website.

Seven Seas to Calais (1962) which aired Last Wednesday Nov 7 just appeared in ON DEMAND expires Thurday 15th.  Both versions SD and HD.

New Poster

Yes, it looks like TCM on demand is up and running again--populated with over 50 movies before I went to bed last night.

Official Employee

@BeninJP wrote:

Yes, it looks like TCM on demand is up and running again--populated with over 50 movies before I went to bed last night.

Thanks all for your patience. 

Regular Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@BeninJP wrote:

Comcast Teds,

Please check 'World Without End' HD version.  Does not exist.   I can't get an exact total of SD and HD versions (which combined count as one title). Again, Where Eagles Dare SD only.  I think titles that Expired yesterday and today are affecting total.  Moreover, 'The Threat' was just added.  So I'm not going to continue wasting time checking. totals.   What I miss and will no doubt not be reactivated  is when title is aired late at night or early morning it would always become available  On Demand so can be watched next day.  But, I know answer is TCM decides what to download.  No need to reply!

Official Employee

@SLannes wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@BeninJP wrote:

Comcast Teds,

Please check 'World Without End' HD version.  Does not exist.   I can't get an exact total of SD and HD versions (which combined count as one title). Again, Where Eagles Dare SD only.  I think titles that Expired yesterday and today are affecting total.  Moreover, 'The Threat' was just added.  So I'm not going to continue wasting time checking. totals.   What I miss and will no doubt not be reactivated  is when title is aired late at night or early morning it would always become available  On Demand so can be watched next day.  But, I know answer is TCM decides what to download.  No need to reply!

Checking on those titles now. It may take some time for the movies to all be available. 

Something you might want to consider is a DVR (it doesn't have to be a Comcast DVR) - that might improve your overall experience and add some control so you can set recordings on TCM and record anything you want for playback on your schedule.   

Regular Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@BeninJP wrote:

Comcast Teds,

, Please check 'World Without End' HD version.  Does not exist.   I can't get an exact total of SD and HD versions (which combined count as one title). AgainWhere Eagles Dare SD only.  I think titles that Expired yesterday and today are affecting total.  Moreover, 'The Threat' was just added.  So I'm not going to continue wasting time checking. totals.   What I miss and will no doubt not be reactivated  is when title is aired late at night or early morning it would always become available  On Demand so can be watched next day.  But, I know answer is TCM decides what to download.  No need to reply!

Checking on those titles now. It may take some time for the movies to all be available.  World Without End'  still SD only.   Where Eagles Dare SD only. 11/14

Something you might want to consider is a DVR (it doesn't have to be a Comcast DVR) - that might improve your overall experience and add some control so you can set recordings on TCM and record anything you want for playback on your schedule.   

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@BeninJP wrote:

Comcast Teds,

Please check 'World Without End' HD version.  Does not exist.   I can't get an exact total of SD and HD versions (which combined count as one title). Again, Where Eagles Dare SD only.    What I miss and will no doubt not be reactivated  is when title is aired late at night or early morning it would always become available  On Demand so can be watched next day.  But, I know answer is TCM decides what to download  and discontuined this important feature.. 

Checking on those titles now. It may take some time for the movies to all be available. 

Also ,new titles have ceased being added as of today.  

When will new title additions resume?

Expert

There are now 45 movies on the list covering SD and HD versions this morning.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

NO NEW TITLES HAVE BEEN ADDED TO TCM ON DEMAND

After initial group of TCM ON DEMAND titles were added a few days ago no more have been added to supplement.  Thus, as current initial titles expire absence of new titles will result in zero titles..  Any others experiencing this?

Regular Contributor

Re: NO NEW TITLES HAVE BEEN ADDED TO TCM ON DEMAND

I apologize for not clarifying the ON DEMAND titles are for TV viewing not streaming. 

Regular Contributor

EXPIRATION DATES IMPACT ON TCM ON DEMAND IF NO NEW ADDITIONS

These are the only recent additions out of the numerous airings:

Aired Sun 11/11

2:15 AM
C-46 mins,     
Note only 46 minutes due to completion of film could not be financed.
Simon of the Desert (1965)
A religious sage fights temptation from Satan himself.

Expires 11/19

Aired Monday 11/12

3:00 AM
BW-65 mins,
Make Way for a Lady (1936)
A widower's daughter plays matchmaker for her father.

Expires 11/19

Thus, if you will observe all other titles expire by the end of this week leaving the above two which both expire Monday 11/19).  So if no new titles added from the numerous TCM daily airings the result will be zero ON DEMAND titles!

Regular Contributor

Re: EXPIRATION DATES IMPACT ON TCM ON DEMAND IF NO NEW ADDITIONS

Thursday night 11/15  three new TCM ON DEMAND titles were added with expiration dates of 11/19.  So good news!

New Poster

We seem to be back where we started last week.  There have been no new titles since Tuesday. Last week when the new titles were posted many of them expired that day and the next, leaving little time for viewing.  Responsible parties at Comcast and TCM need to get their act together. If on demand isn't going to be kept up to date it might as well be discontinued and our monthly cable fees reduced....or maybe offer a free DVR.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

@TippiH wrote:

We seem to be back where we started last week.  There have been no new titles since Tuesday. Last week when the new titles were posted many of them expired that day and the next, leaving little time for viewing.  Responsible parties at Comcast and TCM need to get their act together. If on demand isn't going to be kept up to date it might as well be discontinued and our monthly cable fees reduced....or maybe offer a free DVR.

Apologies for the delay. I am now seeing 57 movies available from TCM On Demand. Thanks for your patience during the delays.  

New Poster

How do you "FIND" TCM on Demand.  Which On Demand menu?

New Poster

Do you have voice command on your remote? If so, just say "TCM on demand.". If not, go to the On demand channel         ( here it's 1 ). Then select "networks" on the top row, and then select "networks T-S" on the "networks A-Z" row, in the middle of the screen. You'll find TCM on demand there. I hope this helps.