Community Forum

new HBO movies not available on demand

New Poster

new HBO movies not available on demand

several times recently, including right now, new movies on HBO are not available on demand. 

The current problem is that Alien Covenant is not available on demand.

If i log in to HBO Go using my xfinity credentials, i can watch the movie on demand.

So how come the movie is not availalbe through xfinity?

I have tried both with the Stream App as well as through the set top box.

New Poster

Re: new HBO movies not available on demand

I just posted the same issue.  It’s just wrong to pay this kind of fee and not be able watch shows on demand. The only options are to pay Comcast Xfinity over $10 to watch it now or record it tomorrow when it’s showing on HBO. 

It’s on HBO Go, but my expensive Comcast Internet is too weak to stream it on my Roku. 

New Poster

Yes, that's some serious b.s. right there. It's working for me now, after I called and complained. We'll see if the cycle continues next month...

New Poster

Thanks...  So you can now watch Alien: Covenant On Demand?

New Poster

I think so.  I can see it on the Stream app and I am watching it now on the DVR, since I recorded it. I will double-check the set top box for on demand after...

Regular Contributor

@at-00 wrote:

several times recently, including right now, new movies on HBO are not available on demand. 

The current problem is that Alien Covenant is not available on demand.

If i log in to HBO Go using my xfinity credentials, i can watch the movie on demand.

So how come the movie is not availalbe through xfinity?

I have tried both with the Stream App as well as through the set top box.

The whole thing is weird. As of this morning, "Alien: Covenant" is still not available on OnDemand. Yet "My Cousin Rachel", which debuted last night, is available. In most cases, whatever premieres on Saturday night is available on OnDemand by next morning or on Monday, at the latest. So, what's the deal with other films that aren't handled the same way??

New Poster

It is frustrating. 

Thanks for checking it out. 

Frequent Visitor

Usually, HBO premieres are available On Demand one minute after they start airing, so "Alien: Covenant" should have been avaible at 8:01 pm EST on March 3.  I have complained before about missing titles to Xfinity, and usually they correct it quickly (like "Hacksaw Ridge" in HD a few weeks ago).  I don't know what's taking so long with "Alien: Covenant," but it's extremely annoying.

New Poster

I have the same issue. Alien covenant is not showing up. 

New Poster

Comcast

Do something about this
Contributor

I just checked and the Free SD version of Alien: Covenant has been re-added to On Demand. It's available until 3/17. At least in my region. Hopefully that means it's available for everyone.

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword still has not been re-added as a free option.

New Poster

I have confirmed that I can now stream Alien Covenant, but it is the 15th of the month. The big question will be what happens for the next premiere, and the next, and the next, etc.

Contributor

That's an excellent question given that these movies continue, so far, to be free with subscription through all other HBO-related services while they air on the live channels. The idea that Comcast might start charging for a free service... sigh.