Community Forum

cl-0x000f

Frequent Visitor

cl-0x000f

I am so tired and ready to cancel Comcast! Same problem I had in July and the problem was on their end. Spoke to rep last Saturday and then another rep a few hours later when the first one transferred me. They then said a ticket was in and would be a call back. No call back and no fix. Every time this happens the problem is on their end. Alot of money for no service! Time to call direct tv!
Official Employee

Re: cl-0x000f

Hi andagain, this error message means there is an issue with your signal. I ran some tests on your equipment and the lines in your neighborhood and I show that the lines outside have a strong signal but all of your cable equipment appears to be offline, which means the problem is coming from somewhere inside your home. I would like to get a technician scheduled to repair the problem for you, can you please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?

Frequent Visitor

For the benefit of anyone who might have this problem; as a technician can you tell us how the signal is strong enough for all my channels to work, but NOT on demand.
Contributor

Interested in the answer to that question as well. My On Demand has not worked for months now, everything else works. Comcast wants to send a technician out so you can be charged. It is not enough to be paying for a service not provided.

There are Comcast trucks in our neighborhood every day and yet the problem is in my house.

I was once charged $60 for a tech visit when everyone around me also was having problems and the tech never came in or near my house, he only worked at the pole on the corner. Unbelievable.

When relaying all this to Comcast one time, the response was I could BUY some sort of service plan aat $6/month I think and it had to be kept in place for a period (2 months?) after a tech visit. So, more money for Comcast to provide services they are charging for. 

Regular Contributor

Hello andagain, eedoxies, and  everyone else in this thread. 

To directly answer the question, the portion of signal that delivers OnDemand content operates on a different frequency then those of the live channels. If there is an issue in the area disrupting the OnDemand frequency then we would require a tech out to confirm the signal from the tap. In the event that we determine the issue is on Comcast equipment we can waive any fees associated with the tech visit. As a side note most of our customers find it cheaper to have our Service Protection Plan in place for moments like this. It may not be the best solution for everyone but we do our best to offer services that our customer can best utilize. If you are still having this issue please send me a PM with your account name, phone number, and address so I can go over your signal. Again I apologize for any frustration this may have caused you.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon