Community Forum

acorn tv

New Poster

acorn tv

I already have an acorn.tv account.  In order to watch on Xfinity on demand do I have to cancel my previous account and subscribe through comcast?  Otherwise I don't see an option where I can put in my password to watch.  Thanks

Regular Visitor

Re: acorn tv

The Comcast rep told me that I would have to subscribe through Comcast.  Be aware that, although the monthly $4.99 price is the same, it appears that Comcast is only offering about 1/4 of the shows that are on the Acorn.tv site.  I'm hoping to get some clarity on this.

New Poster

thank you, that helps.

Contributor

Can you please expound more on this because I'm trying to figure out what Acorn TV shows are NOT offered through Xfinity. I just subscribed and have been enjoying it and went to their site to see what shows they offer. When I do a search on my Xfinity box, I can find all of them so far (though I haven't searched for all) but just wondered why you say only 1/4 of the shows are available through Xfinity. Makes no sense seeing as how they charge the exact same as the app does.

Regular Visitor

There's no easy way for me to check now since I dropped the Xfinity subscriiption and am using the streaming Acorn TV site.  It's certainly possible that Xfinity is now showing the full Acorn lineup.

Contributor

Oh I see. I chose the Xfinity route to keep from using the internet when watching. So far so good for me but if I should discover that I want to watch an Acorn show that I cannot find on Xfinity I’ll drop them and subscribe through the app.