Community Forum

Yule Log

Highlighted
New Poster

Yule Log

Where can I find the “traditional” Yule Log that had simply a fireplace and Christmas classical music from years past?  Searches on XI have given a lot of different options but no that one in particular.  Thank you!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Yule Log

Type in Yule (9853) and you’ll see a couple of fireplace selections some are OnDemand, via Netflix, or via Amazon. It will let you know when you click on it what platform the item is located on.

Or on X1, simply say "Yule Log" and you should see selections to choose from.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@Lesko1109 wrote: Where can I find the “traditional” Yule Log ...

For me it's under On Demand / Music / Yule Log & More / 2018 Yule Log.

Online: https://www.xfinity.com/stream/search?q=Yule%20Log

&      https://www.xfinity.com/stream/search?q=2018%20Yule%20Log

New Poster

Hello,

Are the Hallmark Yule Logs returning to On Demand? They had a few different beautiful ones last year.

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

I know this is a stretch, but hoping that you as an emloyee have a way to find this out....

On the "Yule Log 2018" (and "Yule Log 2018 HD") at about the 21 minute mark, WHAT song is that, and who is the artist? It sounds a bit like a re-write (in Canon form) of "We Three Kings".

This is a question that's been asked several times each year by me and others but has gone unanswered.

Hoping someone knows!

New Poster

Oh, my god. I can't believe someone else is seeking this music! I'm afraid I don't have an answer, but if we bring enough attention to this, perhaps someone will notice and provide the answer we seek. 

You're not alone, my friend! 

Frequent Visitor

Well, it's back this year too, under just "Yule Log HD".

Still want to know what is that arrangement and whos playing it at ~21 minutes.

Hope an Xfinity employee sees this and can answer.

New Poster

Hi... maybe this is the music you're looking for https://www.trans-siberian.com/index/home
New Poster

I listened to the yule log HD at 22 minutes in and possibly it's this song..
New Poster

On Christmas Day in the Morning
New Poster

Hi, there. That just leads to the band's homepage. Perhaps there's a YouTube link? 

New Poster

Hi.. just go to YouTube and type in Trans-Siberian orchestra in the search box. It's not the music you inquired about, but I think you will enjoy it.
Happy Thanksgiving Smiley Happy
Frequent Visitor

It's not Trans-Siberian orchestra (though they do play nice Christmas music). The arrangement in the Yule Log is a traditional "full symphony orchestra".

It's just driving me nuts trying to figure out what song that is, and who's playing it, lol.

New Poster

I actually contacted Comcast, and after speaking to someone, I was provided a phone number that might yield results. Upon dialing, all I got was a poorly designed options menu for Roku's technical support. I'll continue looking into it, though. 

Valued Contributor

For those of you inquiring about the music you hear on the "yule log" or any other music on tv, I have found that the Shazam app works for this 99% of the time. You can get the app directly on your phone and when you hear something you are interested in knowing more you open the app and click the big Shazam button, 3-5 seconds later I have my result. 

You can download the Shazam app here: https://www.shazam.com/apps

This app works for any music you can hear around you. I have Shazamed the music I have heard on a tv program, on a commercial, at a bar, and even at the grocery store. It works great even when there is excessive background noise and now my family and I never have an argument about who sung what or what a particular tune is anymore. 

New Poster

Hi there, 

The advice is appreciated, but I've already tried Shazam, and other music recognition software. It simply eludes detection. 

Contributor

Will you please tell me how exactly you get to the long playing yule log? I can only seem to find the ones that run for a few minutes at a time, like the Darlene Love one and the Kenny G one. I can't find just a yule log that keeps playing.

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

I think it's gone for the season. The one I watched said it would only be available until 12-31-2019.

But next year I'm sure it will be back. Use the Search feature on Xfinity's On-Demand menu and enter:

Yule Log

In my case, THIS YEAR, it was the first result in the list. In past years it's been way down the list, for whatever reason.

It's about 40 minutes long, but does NOT repeat, you have to select it again to play it again. If you save the search it's quick to start.