Community Forum

Xfinity VOD or XOD

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity VOD or XOD

Did a search of this error and issues date back to 2012-2016. Very few 2017 posts that I have found.  I have been using VOD just fine for years with Tivo Premier XL (2 tuner). A few months ago it stopped working with the CL-14 error - nothing has changed.. Little to none info on this error. Had Comcast technician come out and refreshed signals and rebooted Tivo many times. Finally called a Level 4 support from Denver (what ever that is). They only recognized a Tivo Bolt. I was told Denver would call me with an answer - to date no one ever called. Called CS about no return phone call and they simply wanted to send another tech out ("one with Tivo knowledge:"). Got same tech who knew of Tivo with little experience. He and I finally assumed Comcast simply removed any access by Tivo Premier XL, simply because it is considered too old for them to care about. Even though VOD worked just fine!!

I

Comcast costs more and more but I am getting less and less from them. I understand I cant buy my own DTA (have to rent one or more) and $5.99 charge per extra tv is too much so I am down to one cable TV. Roku the other tv but have one tv too old for Roku or HD OA antenna. Anyone discover the CL-14 problem with Premiers XL in 2017-2018? Since no one has contacted me for any followup information I turn to this forum. Seems I have no where else to go. I really hope the issue is still solvable.

Expert

Re: Xfinity VOD or XOD

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity VOD or XOD

Hi Black-dog, it sounds like your cable card may need to be re-seated. I can assist you with getting this error cleared up, can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?