Community Forum

XRE-07002 Error Code

Regular Visitor

XRE-07002 Error Code

For 3 weeks since my services were installed on 9/11/2015, I keep getting error code XRE-07002 while trying to watch shows in On Demand.  I've rebooted both ways, multiple times still the same issue.  Talked on the phone twice, still the same problem.  Did the Chat With An Agent deal 4 times, automated checks always come up green and no diagnosed problems, same deal.  Technician came over checked connections, all good, was even surprised at how fluid and fast the response time when going through the guide.  I think he also had an entitlement check done and nothing.  He swaps out the box and still the same problem.  He also noticed that on shows that should be available to watch, say Record.  At least he said that I'll get a $20 credit on my next bill.  And he told me to contact the next tier in support.  Also, I don't belive that there is an ongoing outage in my area.  A neighbor has Xfinity as well but their VOD is fine.

Official Employee

Re: XRE-07002 Error Code

Hi SURGEMAESTRO, in reviewing your account I am showing upstream signal issues that are likely causing your existent Video on Demand problems. I would want to get a tech back out to find the underlying cause of this upstream issue and work to get it fixed. I will be sending you a private message to further assist.

Thank you 

Regular Visitor

Accidently clicked on Choose This Solution, curious as to what it was.  Didn't know it was going to automatically say the problem was solved.  Ignore That.  Problem not solved yet, gonna get another technician out here to check the upstream.  I'll post when the problem is corrected and how.

Official Employee

I have removed the accepted solution.

Thank you

New Poster

Crummy VOD Errors!

We just had our service installed on 10/07/15, and the On Demand service has never worked. All I get is the XRE-07002 error. Interestingly enough, when I log into My Account, the only services listed are Internet and Home... TV is conspicuously missing. I like the service well enough, but my wife is already sick of Comcast and wants to send it all back before the 30 days. I saw the forum post http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XRE-07002/m-p/2428324#M51178 and if I could get someone to "Send a bunch of signals" to my box and fix the error, that would be AWESOME. Thanks in advance!

-Josh-
Tags (3)
Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: Crummy VOD Errors!