Community Forum

Wrong Episode on Xfinity Stream On Demand - Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath Season 3

New Poster

Wrong Episode on Xfinity Stream On Demand - Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath Season 3

The wrong episode plays when you try to play Season 3 Episode 6: "The Disappeared" of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.  The video that plays is actually Season 3 Episode 4 "Unlikely Pairing" even though the video is listed as Episode 6.  Someone needs to fix the video so that it plays episode 6 like it's supposed to.

Expert

Re: Wrong Episode on Xfinity Stream On Demand - Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath Season 3

I moved your post to the on-demand area of the forum.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Wrong Episode on Xfinity Stream On Demand - Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath Season 3

@PeggyB88 wrote: ... Season 3 Episode 6: "The Disappeared" ...

Note that S3E6 "The Disappeared" apparently did not run. A&E's schedule page at https://www.aetv.com/schedule?month=12&day=25&year=2018 lists "The Shawshank Redemption" instead. It isn't on the show's Episodes page at https://www.aetv.com/shows/leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath either.

New Poster

I noticed this as well and spoke to an Xfinity CSR about the missing episode content for "The Disappeared" and the double appearence of the episode content for "Unlikly Pairing" once under its own title and again under the Disappeared title. The Representative had no answer for this (typical Xfinity response) but said he would pass the information along to his supervisors. Of course he also said there was no guarentee it would get to anyone who could fix this glitch. If you go to the Xfinity streaming page now for Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, you would see that the episode title "The Disappeared" has oddly enough disappeared from the episode list. It was episode 6 when it was there and now the list has episodes 1 to 5 and then jumps to episode 7.

New Poster

This is not an Xfinity problem. The episode did not air. It may have been pulled. It may be here later or never. A&e never aired it on any platform. So it best this would be a question for a & e
Frequent Visitor

It's frustrating; the Xfinity Forums used to be a good place to post requests for service, rather than calling Customer Service and going through a rep who has to call somebody else and on and on throughout the company -- instead, we'd post a problem we noticed and, "Oh, I'll send them this link and let them know." I don't see that happening with the current forums; there are mods here, but I'm not sure if Comcast is reading its own boards anymore?

I hope this picks back up as a service -- it's faster for both the customer and the company to have a functional forum.

Expert

@sunix wrote:

It's frustrating; the Xfinity Forums used to be a good place to post requests for service, rather than calling Customer Service and going through a rep who has to call somebody else and on and on throughout the company -- instead, we'd post a problem we noticed and, "Oh, I'll send them this link and let them know." I don't see that happening with the current forums; there are mods here, but I'm not sure if Comcast is reading its own boards anymore?

I hope this picks back up as a service -- it's faster for both the customer and the company to have a functional forum.

is your post about the network's episode in the topic not being broadcast and since not broadcast not being available via on-demand?

the forum is primarily customers helping customers, Official employees usually respond when needed within 72 hours. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben My response may not have been an exact match for this case since it was the channel or confusion about the episode order that was the problem, not necessarily Comcast's episode log. Apologies for mixing up the conversation.

What I was saying was, yes, in the previous Forums service, it was MOSTLY customers helping customers as you say, but occasionally there would be posts elevated to Customer Service (or CS would scan the threads themselves, not sure which) that were about issues the company could fix. I'm not clear if that happens now? For instance, when an episode of a TV show is broken or the wrong episode, you could drop the message in the right Forum and it would be looked into.

Like this case -- https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Star-Wars-Resistance-Season-1-Episode-11/m-p/... -- the episode was just the wrong video file, and those who watched the show told Comcast on the Forums, but it unfortunately didn't get taken care of. I posted the same thing myself -- https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/EPISODE-ERROR-Star-Wars-Resistance-Episode-1-11/m-p/3180949 -- and neither got an official response and the episode was still playing wrong. Then last week, I went ahead and created a Support ticket and went through a Service chat call, and that solved the problem. It just took up somebody's time trying to get through the issue, whereas the Forum post would have been easier on them and the customers if it had gotten to the right people, which is what used to happen.  (If it still does happen, though, great, I just maybe was one of the cases where it slipped through the gap and it took a little extra persistence.)

I for sure appreciate the MOD/Customer Expert team being able to do most of the help in the Forums here, but hopefully there's a means to ping the company for cases where only they can solve the problem?