Community Forum

Why shows are suddenly not available in ONDEMAND

Contributor

Why shows are suddenly not available in ONDEMAND

I have made a habit to fit into my schedule to watch shows the day after they air.   Today, I went to ONDEMAND to watch SCANDAL which premiered last night.  It is not listed anywhere on the menu at all, even under the network.  I checked a few others and they are gone, but will use SCANDAL as my case.

This show seems to be available on my computer but indicates...NOT AVAILABLE ON TELEVISION !

Is there work being done.....are they going to appear later after showing live.....facts is the show does not exist on ONDEMAND.

Thanks very much.  This is very distressing as I just made a decision to stay with Comcast as I move and if there is going to be a change with ONDEMAND and availability, I am going to need to consider changing providers.

Thanks again

New Poster

Re: Why shows are suddenly not available in ONDEMAND

Usually takes a day or two for new episodes to show up on On Demand I've noticed, great having a DVR for that very reason.

Contributor

I thought of that, but the show has completely disappeared from the menu...totally.  No episodes at all and it was there just a bit ago.

If it were listed as a show, I would accept that, but it is just GONE !

New Poster

I noticed that as well. Have to remember I guess to always set the DVR.
Contributor

this is true for some and some re-appeared.  Try using search instead of the listing (by name or network).  I know it doesn't make sense if you assume the links go to the same place.  Apparently they do not!  This has been going on for a long time, and Comcast has not been responsive.

Frequent Visitor

Let's also include............. H*ll on Wheels, Project Runway, Ray Donovan, Masters of Sex, Boardwalk Empire and The Strain among the missing from TV and ONLY available online  BOO-HISS

What is going on???????????????

Contributor

I called today and spoke with someone in Comast "corporate office".  I explained my concern and he promised to check on it and get back  to me.

He called in pretty quick time and I hope I present what he said in the proper manner.

He explained that the networks have control over the cable companies as to where they present their product.  The online product is from the cloud and sort of free game.  The content on television ON DEMAND is different and is offered now only where there is a profit.  Someone from Chicago has posted on one of my forum notes that he/she had no problem in that area.  The gentleman on the phone explaind to me that ABC, etc do all of this based on marketing area.  I am in Central Florida and obviusly not a market to make money in, and Chicago is different.

THUS....online will be my only way of watching current shows at my leisure. 

I do not know what to say except I am frustrated but cannot think of any other action to take.  This was a total surprise and nobody found it important enough to communicate these changes.  My first call this morning was to the standard Comcast number, and I was told by the woman who answered that she had multiple calls on this very issue today.

So Comcast is suggesting it is the decision of the networks and I have no way of either proving or disproving any of it.  I do know my cable bill has NOT been decreased but the product being supplied on the television has decreased.

Just wanted to post this for anyone who gives a hoot !!!  I did NOT get any action from Comcast from this forum.  NOBODY on line or at the 800 number knew anything.  A "ticket" was opened which resulted in my call quickly.

New Poster

Where is AMC`s HE*L ON WHEELS episode 209 On Demand?  WHAT`S GOING ON?

Contributor

It's Tues and Revenge and Lottery still not on demand.  Yesterday's airings also absent:  Blacklist, Scorpion, Gotham, NCIS:LA.  Will Comcast ever fix this.  It's been going on for a year, and the only response from Comcast acts like they are --- it must be our stupidity that makes us unable to see it! 

New Poster

I think we should start a class action lawsuit.  I am in a big market city so that excuse Comcast gave does not hold water.  If we as subscribers are required to pay our bill in full each month based on the service we subscribe to then we should not have to pay if comcast breaks that agreement,

I plan to start a petition on change.org.  Look for details.

Regular Contributor

I live in Calif and the same problem here.  Revenge, CSI, Cedar Cove, all not ONDEMAND.   Funny how they advertise

next day avalilable ondemand.  And the rates still keep going up. 

New Poster

After spending 3 hours last night with Comcast I hung up frustrated and the blame was put on the NETWORKS.  I said how can the Networks stop providing the service OR delay airing the shows at their whim and yet I am still paying for the service that hasn't worked for over a week?  I demanded my bill reflect (We pay well over $200 a month) and they said they couldn't do that.  I also informed the gentleman that I was talking too about these forumns and that I came here first looking for an answer before calling and it seems like there are 20 threads about the same thing.  Do you believe, while I was on the phone with him he had me walk him through how to get to these forumns, lol?  He didn't even know they had them haha.  I will be dropping this darn service ASAP.  OH and my service is out of Pittsburgh, Pa which isn't some hick town...

New Poster

PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you start a class action or a change petition.  This isn't the first complaint/problem I have had with Comcast but it is the last I want to have.  But boy they sure push a button and suspend your service in an instant if you are late with payment (even if you are arguing charges at the time) and then charge you a fee for each service (some I didn't know I had) to turn it back on. 

New Poster

Orphan Black suddenly disappeared as well and I was literally in the middle of watching it when it disappeared. I contacted customer support and theyre putting in an escalation ticket. They say it might be a glitch =\ 

Frequent Visitor

I just got off phone with Comcast as well  Boardwalk Empire, Good Wife, Blacklist, Gotham, Sleepy Hollow all not updated this week so far on TV. First guy to answer phone said well they could show up in a month or so. Again, this is the first week I have ever had an issue.. Transferred to another woman who said she would check her TV.  I was on hold for TWENTY minutes. She came back and said she found all the new episodes for all those shows on her TV.  She sent signal to my cable box and vowed to call back.  Rebooted the box and still no new episodes on demand.  Still no phone call back either. Does anyone at Comcast know what's going on?  Why would every single network, including HBO, suddenly stop updating their shows on TV even as the Comcast video window advertises that all new episodes are available.  Obviously not true in Philly/South Jersey area.

Regular Contributor

Here is an update as of today at 1PM in Calif. 

I called Comcast and they said it is an outage and should be fixed within 24 hours.  Right.

I mentioned that all of my Sunday, Monday shows were not ONDEMAND.    

Frequent Visitor

I just got a call back as well.  She said they are aware of an internal issue preventing shows to be updated. They have no ETA on when the issue will be fixed.  At least they admiited they have an issue, which they claimed was not the case 20 minutes ago.

New Poster

Well about an hour ago I took a survey on my Facebook page about this problem and Comcast in general.  I have NEVER had so many friends from my area (east coast) to West Coast and all HATE Comcast and the ones that have it are getting rid of it and the ones that don't all said we are stupid for putting up with their horrible service, high prices and this latest problem.  They all switched to Dish for 300 channels, free DVR and all less than $100.

I am calling Dish tomorrow.

New Poster

we are out in california and are also having the same issue. just got off the phone with comcast and the rep said that he has to have a technician manually upload the shows to our box... it could take up to 24 hours... will reply if it works

Frequent Visitor

I'm having this same problem. I've been trying to watch Mom all day and the first episode of the second season is still not up. I'm also noticing that comcast is putting up the SD versions of shows first and then waiting until later to put up the HD versions. I've been waiting for Scorpion episode 2 to be put up in HD but it still is not there. This happened last week too but it was up by 3pm Tuesday. Really frustrating.
Contributor

same issue here in Bay Area Calif.

New Poster

Same here-  never had a problem untill a week ago.  Blacklist, Scandal, Blue Bloods,Boardwalk...on and on.  Please someone from Comcast reply to this.  We are all paying for this service that you advertise, and now the top shows disappeared.  I could understand a few days, but this seems like it is a permanent change.  If it is, please communicate this change.  Calling for help puts you in and endless loop of people passing the buck.  Whats up???

New Poster

Also in the Bay Area (East Bay), and I am completely shut out of On Demand on both my TiVo Premieres, as I am receiving the following error message: tivo cardio-ch2-a2p.comcast.com. On top of this, my tivo would not record CBS shows last night (other network shows recorded just fine, and mtv shows also show up in My Shows).
New Poster

down in s florida and this is BS what gives?

Regular Visitor

Happening in Maryland as well
Regular Contributor

Well it's Thursday and still not fixed!!!  I am getting really upset with all of this BS

Frequent Visitor

Same here on east coast...No Boardwalk Empire, Gotham, Masters of Sex, Agents of Shield and more. No new episodes since last week.  I have a Comcast tech coming to house this afternoon to attempt to manually fix the problem. We will see what happens.

New Poster

An update with good news, the major issues I had connecting to On Demand appear to have been resolved. I double checked, and the latest eps of The NCIS shows are available, the latest Blacklist, the Frozen themed Once Upon A Time, etc., so hopefully, they are doing rolling patches and other locations will be up and running sometime today. Also, I did not call-in, seeing as how everyone on this thread indicated how futile it was to get caught up in the customer care loop.
Frequent Visitor

I just tried to watch the third episode of the Mysteries of Laura that aired last night and I'm getting error ERR-0x0002. Mom is still not up but I noticed there is a new package deal to get all the episodes for $44. O_o The second episode of Scorpion is up in HD. It seems to be hit and miss right now.
Frequent Visitor

It seems the CBS shows are slowly returning  Good Wiofe is back but still no Boardwalk Emopire, Masters of Sex, Agents of Shiled and more  Btw, Comcast tech nev er showed yp and my appointment was moved to Friday with no email, phone call or confirmation from Comcast.

New Poster

still nada no hbo no showtime no cbs and in s florida

Regular Contributor

Where are you located?  I am in No.  Calif and still missing shows from Sunday, Monday, Tues on ABC, NBC, CBS

Contributor

Still no Good Wife, CSI, Boardwalk, Blacklist, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Mysteries of Laura, Criminal Minds, L&O SVU

I'm in Bay Area Calif, and for the record I don't watch all of those above shows Smiley Happy

New Poster

I wouldn't be too quick to trust Comcast when they say this is a network issue. For one thing, the frontline call center reps don't know what's going on with On Demand. The stuff they told one caller about On Demand being more profitable in Chicago than Orlando is absolute BS. Second, if this were a network issue, it's unlikely that it would involve EVERY network. That suggests it's a Comcast issue.

For the first two weeks of the new season, all the networks loaded their programs the day after they aired. Then suddenly ALL the networks stopped loading their programs at the same time? I've been looking for programs on all four broadcast networks, as well as premium channels. None of those programs have been loaded into On Demand. The networks earn their revenues from their contracts with Comcast AND the advertising shown during the On Demand and Internet airings. If the shows aren't airing On Demand, then the networks are losing the ad revenue from those of us who don't want to watch on a computer or mobile device. In all likelihood, Comcast is trying to hold up the networks for more money to air these shows On Demand. Send the complaints to Comcast. That's who WE pay.

Contributor

Could this be tied into trying to sell the new X1 platform ?????

Regular Contributor

I don't know, NBC is owned by Comcast and they don't have Chicago Fire, PD or Blacklist loaded. 

Finally they put Revenge, Castle from ABC, but a lot of other shows are still missing.

Why doesn't someone at least announce what is going on and tell us when it will be fixed!!

Frequent Visitor

I have called Comcast 5 times in last 3 days and gotten a variety of answers.  First guy said several months, second woman said anywhere between 3 days and 3 weeks. Not only is Comcast not telling its subscribers, it is not even telling its employees.  You get more information from this website than Comcast.  I am in Philly area..so far only Good Wife and Blacklist have been posted  still no Boardwalk Empire, Masters of Sex, CSI, Agents of Shield, Gotham, Sleepy Hollow and more. Even their little commercial on the On Demand screen still says get the latest episodes.  Yea right, maybe on Fios or Dish or Direct TV.

New Poster

It's affecting x1 users as well. I have it in SW Florida, and same thing, this week's episodes are just not there. 

Last week, none of the x1 boxes could reach the DVR. So, I had to delete any show we had recorded so I could watch them on demand. I started noticing that shows that should be available on demand weren't. It snowballed this past weekendend and week when not only is the DVR not smart enough to record show X at a later time if it interfere's with another show, but then that show isn't available on demand.

I've noticed CBS, NBC, ABC, FX, and HBO had the issues. Those are the networks that I watch the most but it seems there are others.

Total, total BS. We've had x1 for just over 2 months and we haven't gone 3 days without some sort of issue. DVR not available, or I can watch a show and get to the end and then it won't delete. My favorite is watching a show on demand, pausing and instead of resuming later, it makes me watch the whole thing all over again. 

Bleh!

New Poster

I too am totally upset with this change.  I always watched theprior day's General Hospital on demand (I started working and can't watch it during the day).  My daugther works part time and misses many an episode of Grey's Anatomy, or other ABC shows.  We wanted to watch the new series but had things scheduled that night.   NOTHING IS SHOWING ON DEMAND. 

They probably don't want to spend the money.   I know with General Hospital I still have to endure the commercials while watching on demand so they are getting there "money" from advertisers.  

Does On Demand cost them a lot and will this mean that they will be uping the bills to keep us happy.  I don't have a DVR so that is not an option (no money for one either).

Beginning to wonder if a chance in service plan will be upcoming for me.  Have to move soon so may just change to another service.

New Poster

My On Demand has not been working for the last seven days - (today would be the eighth day - I called and was told that the next level tech would look into - that was 24 hours ago - and nothing yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not just one show it is all of them!! - there is nothing avalable after the 25th.  Comcast is fast becoming the worst thing out there.

New Poster

Comcast advertises that the shows are avaliable the next day On Demand!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

I used the chat option this morning .  Both analyst acted like they had never heard of this problem.  Both told me the path to use.  I already knew how to do that.  One told me to unplub my box for one minute.  That didn't work.  

Frequent Visitor

Yes it is hard to believe that after 5 days of having a service not working nationwide that Comcast does not inform its customer service reps of the ongoing problem.  I have talked to 7 different people over the past 5 days and gotten numerous suggestions to fix a problem. Sending a signal rebooting and unplugging was suggested 3 times and failed 3 times.  A Comcast tech is coming to my house today (after not showing up yesterday with no warning or communication) to manually fix my cable box to fix the problem. My anticipation that he actually will achieve that is somewhere around 1 percent.

New Poster

I live in SW Florida, and have been having the same problem;  no new episodes posted on demand since the middle of last week. I called Comcast, and got the same bull about Comcast not having any control of if and when networks post episodes. Nevermind that we pay for the service, and are not getting what we pay for. All the more reason to switch to FIOS, if this does not get addressed soon.

New Poster

Like others I have used the chat room and called.  They tell me they open tickets.  Last night I asked for a supervisor and asked if we would get refunds.  He said on demand was a free service so Comcast would not be offering any credits.  

New Poster

As soon as I exited the chat I lost my internet connection.  I did get connected again.  

I got the call back to rate my experience.  I thought it was several questions.  When I rated the experience as a 1 they thanked me and hung up.

New Poster

Just got this:

Philip: We are so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, Marissa. This issue actually started last 09/30 wherein the new On Demand contents are not updating on some markets. But no worries as our Engineering Team are currently working on this to have it work the soonest possible. Just to let you know, there is a problem with the On Demand server.

MARISSA_: Is there any idea when it will be updated? Most of the television i watch is on ondemand and it's why I went with xfinity so I'd be able to use it.

Philip: Right, this is the first time On Demand had a problem like this. Well, I have checked an update with our Engineering team but there's still no estimated time for this problem to be fixed by them.

Philip: Well, what I am going to do is to link your email address to them so they can go ahead and send an update to you for time to time. Would that be okay?

I'm so pi$$ed.  It seems like one thing after another with comcast.  And seriously, ondemand is where I watch all my television besides news because of my work schedule.  So I'm paying a ridiculous amount of money each month, and now can't watch the shows I'm paying for.  Ugh.

Regular Visitor

I've been having the problem as well! Shows like Awkward and Faking it on Tuesday night (9-30-14) I was able to watch ON DEMAND on 10-1-14 without a problem. I have 2 girls one that was sick Monday and Tuesday but other than both girls keep me on my toes. I unfortunately had to miss some shows on Wednesday night 10-1-14 such as the middle...red band society...well i do what i usually do when girls go to school i watch the shows on demand the next day so on Thursday 10-2-14 i tried to watch what I missed...NO LUCK at ALL!!!! so i thought okay well things are a little messed up..maybe fixed later or tomorrow...well again being busy with my girls and my fiance I missed Greys Anatomy so I was like oh well I'll catch up today (10-3-14) on demand well guess what not on there!..i don;t watch scandal but even that wasn't on there...i mean the first week shows were on there but not any of the new ones....i did manage to watch how to get away with murder on Thursday night so i even tried to see if that was ON DEMAND today(10-3-14) and it wasn't..last weeks episode was..just not this past weeks....All my neighbors in my apartment building some issue...friends in a different town same issue..family in different town yep same issue..i spoke to someone on chat which was very nice so i can no complain but couldn't figure it out...tried resetting box and all that...wanted to send a tech out but what good would that do if everyone around here is having the same issue...by the way I'm in northern West Virgina...So HOPEFULLY THEY TILL GET THIS FIGURE OUT HERE VERY SOON!!!  I did get a perk tho for having the inconvenience...which was cool!!!! actually really awesome...and i guess until they can figure it out i can watch my missed shows on my laptop! But for my friends and family that aren't able to have that benefit i hope soon they will be able to fix it!!!!

BRITT!

New Poster

So first they told people it was the networks' fault. Not true. And they told people it was only happening in some markets. Not true. And now they're even telling people we have no right to complain because we don't really PAY for Video On Demand. Oh so very not true!

The networks are losing both money from ad revenue and viewers that aren't getting attached to their new programs. So I went to the Fox, ABC, NBC, and CBS Web sites, found "contact us" and sent each an e-mail complaining that Comcast isn't loading their VOD content. And since Comcast and the networks are advertising that this content is available through VOD the day after airing, I also filed an FCC complaint against Comcast for false advertising. Again, you can do this online. All this complaint-filing took less than 10 minutes total ... which is a heckuva lot less time than it takes to talk to an uninformed Comcast rep who doesn't tell you the truth anyway. The more people who complain to the networks and the FCC, the quicker this will get resolved.

New Poster

I have several shows that I like to watch which air at the same time.  I used to catch the missed show a couple of days later ON DEMAND when I lived in MA.  I am now living in Southwestern Florida.  Since the new season started, I have been unable to access missed episodes of shows but there are listings of future episodes.  I feel cheated!  I do not have a DVR and with what I am paying for cable, I don't feel that I should have to go out and buy one.