Community Forum

Why isn't season 5 of the Vikings available on History??????????????????????????????????????

New Poster

Why isn't season 5 of the Vikings available on History??????????????????????????????????????

The new season 5 has started and I have yet to find it on the History Channel where is has been for 4 seasons. A friend at work as seen the first 3 epsisodes. I can't find it on demand nor can I find it broadcast anywhere.

New Poster

Re: Why isn't season 5 of the Vikings available on History??????????????????????????????????????

We have been checking back regularly.. the show is marketed as binge worthy on the on demand platform yet the whole beginning of season 5 is missing. Another one has disappeared now too.. there used to be 5 episodes available in season 5 and now there are only 4 and they begin on episode 7. It’s unfortunate that you, Comcast can not do anything regarding your own platform. I have messaged the history channel several times now with zero reply. I think as customers we need more than “email the history channel”
Admin1

Re: Why isn't season 5 of the Vikings available on History??????????????????????????????????????

Hi leagenosky -- On Demand may be our platform however the content provided in it is decided by the content holder. History Channel has not been renewing the licensing on their episodes for season 5. The episodes become unavailable once the licensing period is over. We will have these available again if History Channel makes them available to us and all other providers.