Community Forum

Why isn't free film showing as Free through X1 OnDemand Service?

Contributor

Why isn't free film showing as Free through X1 OnDemand Service?

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword was available just last week for free OnDemand. HBO has it free online on HBO Go and claims that it should still be so OnDemand until 3/24. Yet, when I pull up the film to watch it through the OnDemand service, it is listed as an HD "Buy" option. When I pull up the HBO schedule using the X1 box, I can see that it is playing in SD tomorrow evening. When I go to the "info" screen and choose "Ways to Watch," I can't find the SD version available for free. 

Has anyone else come across something like this one before? I think it must be a glitch. Otherwise, why would anyone pay to watch an already paid subscription service that is free online and that HBO claims should be free through OnDemand?

Contributor

Re: Why isn't free film showing as Free through X1 OnDemand Service?

Happening to me right now...it appears anything above a basic package is saying you must buy the package or rent the show.  After speaking with customer service, I was told this was normal for some channels.  if you pay for HBO, and go to premium channels and look under all movies...and every movie tells you it must be rented or the package purchased. Heck I cant even watch something on disneyxd or cartoon network on demand.

Honestly looks like someone really botched an update of the guide.

anyway just letting you know you're not alone