Community Forum

Walking Dead

Highlighted
New Poster

Walking Dead

(3/24/19) S9 Ep16 - The Calm Before 

Probably one of the most important episodes on the Walking Dead series, comparable to Red Wedding on Game of Thrones. Unfortunately Comcast On Demand has cut the show SHORT, causing viewers to miss the most important ending.  No spoiler here, but I will say many important characters died.

Is there any way Comcast On Demand can fix this?

New Poster

Re: Walking Dead

The episode is being rebroadcast at 1:00 AM EDT Wednesday.  Full episonde is listed in the guide.

Already set my DVR.

New Poster

Better set your DVR with added time! I had mine set for series recording and it only recorded 1 hour. The show ran overtime.  Fortunately I found a full showing elsewhere (neighbor recorded it live) and saw the dramatic ending. 

Contributor

Yup, happened to me also last night. The recording ended about 18 minutes before the end of the show. I had to go to AMC's web site to finish it.

Regular Contributor

I had the same problem.  I pay Comcast over $200 per month for service and they just can't deliver.

I just download things off the internet when Comcast screws up - which is way too often.

Unfortunately, downloading shows off the intenet is more convenient and more reliable than using a Comcast DVR.

I sure wasn't going to wait until Wednesday to see the last part of the show - that's a crazy solution.

Seriously... for over $200 a month - why is Comcast not able to deliver something as simple as downloading a file on the internet?  Why does their service have to be so unreliable and so difficult to use?

OK, so I just finished watching the last 15 minutes of episode 15 of season 09.  It has occured to me it is possible that someone pulled the plug and decided the last 15 minutes was just too much.  It may have been a purposeful decision to leave out the last 15 minutes.

No...  I've been watching THD for 15 years... I'm pretty sure somebody cut the end of the show off early on purpose.

Contributor

There was no conspiracy here, just incompetence. The entire show was broadcast live. It's just that last night's episode was longer than usual (about 85 minutes) and Comcast didn't have their guide sync'ed correctly to AMC's schedule so it just recorded the first hour.

Regular Contributor

Yes, I know - I guess I was being sarcastic

New Poster

A friend of mine has Fios. Same result. Could be that AMC failed to update the cable companies of the extended episode. 

Regular Contributor

No...  I've been watching THD for 15 years... I'm pretty sure somebody cut the end of the show off early on purpose

TWD has been on barely 9 years how did you manage 15?

Diamond Problem Solver

Unfortunately it was an issue with most providers
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cinemablend.com/television/2468911/walking-dead-fans-furious-after-...

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!