Community Forum

Vikings Missing Season 4, Episode 11, 12, 13

Frequent Visitor

Vikings Missing Season 4, Episode 11, 12, 13

I talked several people into watching Vikings on the History Channel.  Now they are reaching out to me, because Episodes just disappeared.  See screenshot on xfinity.comcast.netxfinity.JPGMISSING IN ACTION 11, 12, 13

New Poster

Re: Vikings Missing Season 4, Episode 11, 12, 13

I'm having the same issue! I even downloaded the The History Channel app and they don't have the episodes either. Comcast can't seem to figure out why the episodes are missing! So frustrating!!!

Contributor

Tried to watch Episode 17 two nights ago and the resolution was 720p and all blurry.

Even a $5'000 Sony XBR 4k tv cannot upscale such bad quality signal. 

Switched to Roku and watched the History channel Viking episode on the Roku and it was in 1080p, and crystal clear.

I often have problems with on demand and poor signal quality with Comcast. Even the advertisements are in low resolution? Why is this.

Most of the time on demand is ok, but occasionaly the signal is terrible.

Also Not quite sure why you can not fast forward on the cosmcast system, but you can FF on all other systems (Netlfix, Apple TV, Roku).

On demand leaves much to be desired. I have not tried direct TV yet, and wonder if the same issues plague their on demand system?

New Poster

I also do not have access to Vickings season 4, episodes 11, 12 & 13. Has Comcast or Xfinity come up with a solution?

It seems we are able to purchase viewing privilages from Google Play, itunes, YouTube, Amazon vidio and more. So what's the problem Xfinity? Isn't this what we're paying for?

New Poster

After dealing with comcast they said the history channel hasn't released them to on demand and while doing this episode 14 went missing
Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Vikings Missing Season 4, Episode 11, 12, 13 and 14

I am missing Vikings Season 4, episodes 11 through 14 on Streampix , History Channel. Why are they missing? Is this going to be corrected soon? Very frustrating!

New Poster

I just messaged them too! I'm so mad I've been binge watching it and now boom I can't watch it at all now!
New Poster

If you page up [pg^] it should allow you to fast forward 15 seconds through a commercial. I know it's not much, but at least it's something.
Administrator

Hi everyone, at this moment episodes Episodes 11 - 15 are no longer available. You can still catch up with episodes 1-10 if you have streampix and 16-20 if you have the history channel. Please note that episode 16 will expire on 2-8-2017, and other episodes between 17-20 will expire after that as well. Usually  episodes are available for several weeks after they air live and that tends to depend a lot on the agreement we might have with the network. Hopefully, we will be able to carry them again in the near future. 

New Poster

I cant get episodes 11-15 my on demand went from 10 to 16 and i started watching and couldnt figure out why ragnars kids were all grown   

New Poster

why would we want to watch 16-20 that doesnt make any sense if we havent watched 11-15

Silver Problem Solver

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

Hi everyone, at this moment episodes Episodes 11 - 15 are no longer available. You can still catch up with episodes 1-10 if you have streampix and 16-20 if you have the history channel. Please note that episode 16 will expire on 2-8-2017, and other episodes between 17-20 will expire after that as well. Usually  episodes are available for several weeks after they air live and that tends to depend a lot on the agreement we might have with the network. Hopefully, we will be able to carry them again in the near future. 

Or you can wait until possibly later this year or early next year. Vikings has been renewed for a 5th season of 20 episodes. Most likely, it may air split 10/10 as the 4th season was.

Administrator

johnboy11 wrote:

why would we want to watch 16-20 that doesnt make any sense if we havent watched 11-15

The duration of the episodes depends on whatever network agreement we migth have. I know it can be a bit frustrating that 1-10 are available and it has a gap in between, but the reason 1-10 are currently available is because of streampix. Customers who don't have streampix do not have those episodes, and only have 16-20. After 2-8-2017 it will be 17-20 only, and so on. Episodes have an expire date that you should be able to see right before you play them. I hope this is able to clear it up. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Vikings Missing Season 4, Episode 11, 12, 13 14 15

The issue is.. I have the top tier package, WITH Streampix.  So now what is the answer?

Administrator

kimberly_garcia wrote:

The issue is.. I have the top tier package, WITH Streampix.  So now what is the answer?

It will still be the same in that case. Streampix has episodes 1-10 available, if you do not have streampix you would only have the latest episodes available. In this case the latest episodes are 16-20 and after the 2-8-2017 it will only be 17-20. I wish there was more that we could do in this case, but currently these are the only episodes we are allowed to have available by the Network. Hopefully in the near future we will be able to have all of them available, but no word currently on when or if this will happen. 

New Poster

Well if you cant provide the complete product

why would you even put it out there.

New Poster

This should help all you fans out. I found this link to our missing episodes

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56q7cb_vikings-season-4-episode-15-s04e15_shortfilms

I was able to watch 11 thru 15. Now I'm back on demand watching the rest!! Enjoy
New Poster

Same!

Binge watching last night and suddenly I didn't know what was going on!.

NOT available Season 4 Episode 11-16 on my on demand!

New Poster

Well, my brother has been talking me into watching the Vikings since it came out. Finally decided to take his word and started w season 1. Absolutely fell in love w it then I get to season 4 and missing episodes 11-17. Comcast please get your stuff together. Why take off episodes of season 4 but you can watch all of seasons 1, 2 and 3? That makes no sense. If seasons 1-3 weren't there then I could understand your logic. I pay 200 dollars a month for this. Put all of season 4 back on until at least season 4 has been over for at least a month. This is ridiculous. I could watch seasons from 3 years ago but can't watch the current season. Where is the logic? How does that make any sense at all? The thing is, you guys can put it on w a click of a button I'm sure. Even w all the complaints you still won't think just maybe that was stupid of you. Its time to admit and fix your mistake
New Poster

Thank you. I can't believe I have to watch these on my phone. Unreal
Administrator

kjaxson21 wrote:
Well, my brother has been talking me into watching the Vikings since it came out. Finally decided to take his word and started w season 1. Absolutely fell in love w it then I get to season 4 and missing episodes 11-17. Comcast please get your stuff together. Why take off episodes of season 4 but you can watch all of seasons 1, 2 and 3? That makes no sense. If seasons 1-3 weren't there then I could understand your logic. I pay 200 dollars a month for this. Put all of season 4 back on until at least season 4 has been over for at least a month. This is ridiculous. I could watch seasons from 3 years ago but can't watch the current season. Where is the logic? How does that make any sense at all? The thing is, you guys can put it on w a click of a button I'm sure. Even w all the complaints you still won't think just maybe that was stupid of you. Its time to admit and fix your mistake

kjaxson21, the episodes we are allow to show depend a lot on the agreement between the Network and us. There are some other Networks that actually allow the current full seasons to be watched, unfortunately this is not the case here. As I stated before episodes 1-10 are available as a result of streampix, customers who do not have streampix on their package do not have these episodes. Now the latest episodes with the network are kept for several weeks after the show originally airs, the reason why episode 18 and after are available.In which 18 will end up expiring soon. Hopefully we will be able to get them back again soon.

New Poster

When watching a series such as Vikings  and others, Comcast needs to list the limitations of watching it or else we will be forced to leave comcast.  The practice of discontinuing a series constitutes a deceptive practice and is the same as stealing from the subscription!!

Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Regular Visitor

jeez, people need to lighten up - it's already been explained that History Channel doesn't allow them to put the entire season on demand right now.  there's no god-given right to be able to watch whatever you want, whenever you want.  find something else to watch for awhile and be patient - then when it comes back, enjoy.....

New Poster

It would cost $21 to purchase all of Comcast's missing episodes on iTunes. I pay $85/month for Comcast to watch this. Now I need to buy elsewhere?

That is ridiculous. Now 7 episodes in the middle of the last season are gone. How does that benefit Comcast, History or your customers?

The entire season is $45. Maybe that is the answer. Cancel Comcast and buy buy full seasons, commercial free from iTunes, Hulu and Roku AND save a ton of money AND watch no commercials.

You're right. This is solved.
Administrator

Sdw222 wrote:
It would cost $21 to purchase all of Comcast's missing episodes on iTunes. I pay $85/month for Comcast to watch this. Now I need to buy elsewhere?

That is ridiculous. Now 7 episodes in the middle of the last season are gone. How does that benefit Comcast, History or your customers?

The entire season is $45. Maybe that is the answer. Cancel Comcast and buy buy full seasons, commercial free from iTunes, Hulu and Roku AND save a ton of money AND watch no commercials.

You're right. This is solved.

I understand that it is troublesome that we are unable to provide all of the episodes in order to allow you to watch them conveniently from one place. But as explained in my previous comment, we don't have the rights to show them at the moment. The amount of time we get to keep new episodes is usually determined by the network, not us. We currently have 1-10 due to streampix, which is a premium service we offer and the terms of the agreements for it is different. Even if you visit the history channel website, you can see that in 12 hours from now episode 18 will no longer be available. http://www.history.com/shows/vikings 

This might be due to a network agreement they might have with other providers or streaming platforms. 

Once more, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and hope that we are able to provide the full season soon. 

New Poster

I'm sorry, but they are just putting us all off.  Want there money though!

New Poster

I'm sorry but you are lieing!  there were only 1-5 on my listings.