Community Forum

Unable to watch On Demand - Error CL-14

Regular Visitor

Unable to watch On Demand - Error CL-14

A few weeks ago my Xfinity On Demand stopped working.  I can navigate through the menu of available shows, but when I try to watch a show I receive the following error message:

"We're sorry you are having difficulty.  Please retry your selection.  You may also try tightening your cable connections.  If the problem persists, please unplug your box for one minute.  Visit Comcast.tom/help for more info.  (Error CL-14) The locale code is (tivocardio-ch2-a3p.comcast.com)."

I have had my Tivo Premier XL since 2011 and until now I have not had a problem accessing On Demand.  An online search makes it clear that I am not the only customer having this problem, but I have not been able to find a solution.  Ideas?

Official Employee

Re: Unable to watch On Demand - Error CL-14

Hi -BigWaveDave-, thank you for reaching out to me regarding this concern. I see you sent me a private message with your account information, please reach back out to me there and we can get started look into this issue for you. 

Regular Visitor

I recieved and activated a new CableCARD yesterday.  After activation, On Demand still receives a CL-14 error.  Also, I can no longer access premium channels such as HBO and Showtime.

After more than two hours on the phone with several support techinicians, they said I need to install yet another CableCard (my third).  But, because they had mailed the last card to me the system would not allow them to mail another one.  LIkewise, the system wouldn't allow them to send a technician to troubleshoot the problems.  Instead, they said that I need to go to a Comcast store and swap my card.  They're sure, they said, that this will finally resolve the problems with On Demand and premium channels.  But if it doesn't, then I should get rid of my Tivo and instead use a Comcast box.  So Comcast doesn't work with Tivo, I asked?  Yes it does, but it can be tricky, they said.

Needless to say, I am very dissatisfied with my Comcast experience.

Regular Visitor

OK, I found an answer that restored my On Demand.  But first, I want to thank ComcastAmir for his hard work trying to resolve this problem. 

ComcastAmir sent a techinician to my house and the tech, working with Comcast Support, was able to restore my premium channels.  However, On Demand still would not work.

Today, I replaced my TiVo Premium XL with a new TiVo Bolt VOX and paired the CableCard.  All channels worked (including premium), but On Demand wouldn't load.  It displayed a new error, V301.  I searched online and found the following on the TiVo forums:

https://www.tivocommunity.com/community/index.php?threads/xfinity-cablecard-v301-on-demand-solution....

I followed the steps in that post and, voila, my On Demand was working again.

New Poster

First, Xfinity is not helping much and is supporting TIVO less and less.  The issue is that TIVO will not work on new "upgraded" fiber networks.  When they placed fiber in my neighborhood, I got faster internet but TIVO on-demand wouldn't work.  So I researched.  A lot!  I almost went to a X1 box but thankfully I didn't have to because I think they stink.  The answer is Roku.  Get a Roku ($30-100 depending on model).  There's a Xfinity app you can download and once you sign in you get all your normal channels through the app including on demand.  Boom!  Perfect quality too.  So I addded the Roku for $40 and I didn't have to give Xfinity any more cash or go to another service like Directv or Uverse or whatever.  I now have Roku on 3 TVs and I get to watch on demand whenever I want.