Community Forum

Unable to Acccess Video Content Over WiFi in Puerto Rico

New Poster

Unable to Acccess Video Content Over WiFi in Puerto Rico

I am unable to access my xfinity video content over wifi while I'm traveling in Puerto Rico.  Why?  Is there anyway to do this?  As a note, xfinity content is available via cellular on my phone.

Official Employee

Re: Unable to Acccess Video Content Over WiFi in Puerto Rico

tpez wrote:

I am unable to access my xfinity video content over wifi while I'm traveling in Puerto Rico.  Why?  Is there anyway to do this?  As a note, xfinity content is available via cellular on my phone.

I can't watch all of my live TV and/or XFINITY On Demand streaming when I'm traveling. Is there a problem?
While in the home, content is delivered as a cable service over Comcast's managed IP network, and includes your full live TV channel lineup and all of your XFINITY On Demand choices. Although more than 200 live TV channels and over 40,000 On Demand movies and shows are available outside of the home over the Internet, certain content is not currently available. Use the Available Out of Home filter in the XFINITY Stream app or portal to easily identify streaming options available when you are not at home. Streaming and downloading of content when outside of the United States is not allowed due to limitations on rights by content providers.

New Poster

We did filter to content outside the home and it still would not stream over wifi.  Is Puerto Rico considered outside the United States?

New Poster

Funny how that question was never answered by Comcast...?

Expert

It looks as though ComcastAndrew did answer the question.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

My husband is traveling to Puerto Rico on a job. I would like to know if the xfinity stream app will work in Puerto Rico? If it doesn’t work over there I would like to know why since Puerto Rico is part of the United States. I would like to know why Comcast is refusing to answer this question?